Serena thanks "Jehovah" after US Open...

by jack2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Not having been a JW, I am amazed at the strange, stringent rules they follow. Did any of you have to quit competitive sports due to the org? If so, what sports and how old were you?

• minimus
    minimus

EVERYBODY says they are JW's. Does anyone know which congregation they go to? EVERYONE said last year PRINCE was a JW. He was NOT a baptized JW....Even if the Williams sisters say they are, are they baptized? If nobody can verify which KH they go to I am not convinced.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

plmkrzy

I want to know, so I can shun them. LOL No really, I was wondering as many times the news calls people JW that just have relatives that attend, or they go occasionally. I would like to know which one is the case here, as they do call them JW's and from what I remember in the organization ... you are not really a JW until you are officially baptized.

Take Care

Dragon

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

My youngest played tennis all four years of high school. She was not baptized, but had not made 'worldly' kids her best friends, was a pillar in the congregation as far as meeting participation, comments, fields service, conduct. She was shunned/avoided by the kids in the hall. Fortunately for her we stopped going to meetings after her first year in tennis - didn't seem to make a difference if we were there or not. She has been shunned in and out of the Organization. So when I see the Williams sisters in the limelight focusing on their religion it really bothers me. I know the Dubs are falling all over themselves because these girls publicly acknowledge their association with the Witnesses but someone like my daughter was less than a speck of dirt on the carpet. Just my two cents.....

Mrs R

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I'm with you Orbitingthesun. Competitive sports is a different mind set.

Guest 77

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

to Orbiting and Guest - you do have a point about the 'not judging' stuff. But in the real world my kid has suffered because of the inconsistent application of guidelines and rules. I don't wish the Williams sisters any harm, and it's great they can make money doing something they like, wish we could all make that kind of money doing what we like. It's just that I have to deal with the real world emotional scarsleft on my daughter. It's hard to explain double standards to a teenager, especially when they are battling loneliness and trying to develop some social skills they didn't have to have in the Borg.

Mrs R

• Quincy
    Quincy

I dont think they are JW's???

• gumby
    gumby

The point is this folks.

The Organisation of Jehovahs Witnesses does not honor these actions. The point is....are they allowed to do these things while others are not?

A school brochure is to be used by a parent as guidelines as to what activities a child will or will not be participating published by the WTBTS.....remember?

In it it says...."Children will not be participating in after school activities such as, sports and various clubs......remember?

To hold the american flag up is a big no no....remember

Sports puts you in with needless bad association, and causes a competative spirit.....remember?

All of you who are saying nothing more than we should be glad for the girls is true.......but the point of the thread is.......about the double standards of the borg. Many others have been ostracized for less than this. Many of you haven't been around long enough to know.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As I understand it, neither girl is baptized and Dad isn't either.

I had NO IDEA Selena was a JW

• teejay
    teejay
    ... in my experience with award shows, which is admittedly and thankfully limited, I've yet
    to see a rock/alternative band get on stage and thank Jesus for their grammy or AMA or
    whatever. -- Kaethra

That's because rock/alternative bands are all made up of
    pagans who are going straight to hell when they die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit