How Much is Shunning Worth?

by Xena 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

My JW niece called me last night on the phone. She is having a Pampered Chef Party (for those of you who don't know what these are, it's like a tupperware party except they cook a meal and sell the cooking stuff). It is going to be at my JW sister's house and all the dubs will be there....including my "best" friend who ratted me out to my sister regarding us celebrating Christmas last year.

I am not invited....BUT my niece would like me to buy some stuff and to make up for shunning me she is offering to give me HER hostess discount....woohoo huh?

So I pondered......exactly what discount could possibly make it up to me? What discount would make me feel better for being excluded???

What would it be worth to you?

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I'd settle for 15% off. Anything less would be a slap in the face.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Xena,

It's hard to believe how little courtesy JWs display. It's as if you cease to be worth the slightest niceties when you're not a dub.

It seems the only reason they're decent to so-called worldly people is for what they can get out of them (e.g., converts, employment, etc.). Just like the stereotypical used-car salesman (please don't take offense if any are).

Shaking my head and embarrassed for what I used to be,

Pat

• Been there
    Been there

It boggles the mind that she would not see any shame in what she has just done. Ya know I think you should find out what time the party is and take your money in person. You're good enough to sell to but not good enough to associate with? Oh wait a minute, they do that every week in service. I forgot who I was talking about. What a joke. She must have felt some guilt to offer her hostess discount. No amount of discount is worth it...................

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's another mantra of mine and I'll repeat it again:

Dubs are the most materialistic people around.

Farkel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I would drape a cloth over a wok which contains a very life-like plastic replica of the head of Ted Jaracz, complete with spectacles and covered with thinned ketchup. At a crucial moment in the proceedings, whip away the cloth and shout out, "Ted went beyond the things wriitten." After all the guests have swooned away, rifle their purses and get 100% commission from them.

Best - HS

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

gosh when it comes to money or making money, it's like they forget everything theyv'e learned. if theres something you really want out of the expensive stuff then get it. if not just say no thanks and that you've enjoyed talking to her. see she really can be like Jesus and talk to anybody.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Xena, that is sooooo pathetic!!!!!! shaking my head in total disgust with JW's and their more then hypocritical lifestyle. Please tell us that you are ignoring such ignorance from quote - "a loved one."

Granny...leaving this thread still shaking head - no pun intended

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Screw that, Xena! No discount is worth the shunning! I would have just laughed in her face!

BTW., eyegirl will be having a party soon.......I am sure she can offer you a discount! LOL

p.s, their crinkle cutter and bamboo spoons are the BESTUS!

• freedom96
    freedom96

If you really want the merchandise, find out where else you can buy it, and go there. Better yet, ask her for a reference!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit