Victims of Pedophilia=Holy Grail on JW.com

by LDH 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

IW,

My argument stands. You brought up the issue of "voluntary" and I responded. Your little strawman and diversions don't change a thing.

Now answer MY questions which were raised by YOUR assertion, please. Your so-called "whole quote" thing doesn't change your assertions about it being "voluntary." As a matter-of-fact, you ignored my rebuttal entirely.

Care to address it now?

Farkel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Larry,

I whole heartily agree. I can't wait until the Blood issue is more news worthy. Thinking about it, there are at least a dozen issues that involves innocent people's lives that need exposing. However, the silentlmabs issue is in the forefront now and making tremendous waves, it need to be supported as much as possible, as it will served as a stepping stone to other issues.

The point that I am trying to make does not revolve around the merits of lack of merits of a particular WTS policy, or its newsworthiness. My point is that the child-abuse policy is in danger of being attached to a man and not a project and this can be counter-productive in the long run. Just substitute the name 'Bill Bowen' into the phrase 'silentlambs' in the above quotation of yours and you will see what I am getting at. It could have been the 'Ray Franz' issue, or the 'Jim Penton' issue, when actually they all have a common root, that is, the perverted theology which demands as its life-line the 'We speak for God' dogma of the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses.

For example if the cult of personality overreaches common-sense, some may come to view the criticism of Mr. Bowens modus as being a defense of WTS policy where child-abusers are concerned. But this may not be the case. Posters should feel free to praise Mr. Bowen at will, and also to criticize in an unhindered fashion if they feel that they have a point to make, without being labeled a hero or indeed a villain. This would not be fair on Mr Bowen, nor does it lend credibility to the cause.

Best regards Larry - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 1 September 2002 20:3:57

• Prisca
    Prisca

I agree with the basic premise of the title of this thread, that victims of sexual molestation have be ome the "untouchables" of this site.

Whilst I am in no way condoning abuse towards them, I do feel that those who have been abused are no more special on this board than those who have been traumatised in other ways. Many of us come from broken families, have experienced the deaths of parents and spouses, homelessness, poverty and many other tragic situations. Who can say that the trauma of these experiences have left us less traumatised than those who have been sexually abused?

No one on this board should be insulted or made fun of. I think it is just as hurtful to insult someone because they are overweight, gay or for some other personal reason as it was for Fred Hall to make light of Jesika's abuse.

The "Silentlambs" movement is a highly popular one at the moment, but who is to say that the next "untouchables" of this board will become those who have lost family and friends to the blood doctrine, or those who have lost contact of parents and children due to the disfellowshipping doctrine???

Only time will tell.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think it's more than a little ironic that the pedophile problem, to the extent that it is unique to JW's, springs directly from the free speach problem.

It would in fact be accurate to call the silent lambs issue a free speach issue. Hence the name.

• LDH
    LDH

Valis and Cassi.....

I have yet to read LW's intro. I rarely read intros until that person has been here awhile.

This post wasn't made in defense of Fred Hall. Some here hated him from day one. Believe it or not, at one time I hated him too. Then I stopped taking what he said personally because, hey, he is a troll.

Now, it seemed like it surprised everyone when he made a hurtful remark to Jesika. That's Fred's nature. But Fred is not without his redeeming qualities. Yup, some days he makes me laugh. Humor is like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

I remember once he asked Expatbrit if he was a Monkey's Uncle because Expat's profile pic was of a monkey. It was a good one.

OTOH, *I* don't find anything redeeming in YK's posts. Some do. There's a lid for every pot. And while I wasn't able to post (much) during the time the "hit" was "shitting" the fan....I did read all of them, and even took a minute to say I agreed with JT and Bboy.

A few weeks ago I had the chance to chat with someone from this board whom I really admire. (blank) is one of my heros. But this person is ONE of the people who feel Ray Franz could do more concerning women's and children's issues. I told this person that Ray is an 80+ year old man trying to battle his own demons. We need to respect him where he is an leave it at that. Ray is not going to become a card carrying member of NOW just because he's an XJW.

I'm sorry that during the past few months I've seen posts TOTALLY KNOCKING Ray Franz. These people have not been deactivated.

I say what's good for the goose....

And Valis, regarding your snide remarks, the only person I get my fix off of is wearing a wedding band inscribed with my initials.

Perhaps some of you weren't here when supposed "victims" came running to the board and later were exposed as trolls. I prefer my trolls out in the open, like Fred.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

Six,

or *speech.*

Lisa

Ducking for cover class

• larc
    larc

Prisca, I think you make a good point. I think we should try to live by a simple dictum - do no harm. I have not always lived up that myself, but I have aplogized when I violated that simple principle.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Buck you Fitch! That does it, I'm comin' to fresno and beeting you with red vegetables root stock and an old fashioned 40 lb dictionary until you are dead. Shit female, I've had enough of old, anal retentive New Yorkers spelling everything out for me in my life! Speak/speach, see?, it's that simple.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Six.

Lisa

"Huked on fonix werked fer me" Class

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LDH, You said that you haven't seen anything redeeming in YK's posts. I have, just once. It was when H2O was closing it's doors.

He let us all know that he really does care for all of us. He just doesn't want to admit that because it is against everything he was taught as a JW.

I guess that it the reason I stopped reading his post here on this forum. I didn't want to start hating him once I learned to love him.

Shari

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit