Victims of Pedophilia=Holy Grail on JW.com

by LDH 92 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hi LW,

The board serves a number of purposes. One of which is to provide support. I don't think its the perfect tool in terms of 'therapy'..because it would be better for some people not to have to relive traumatic events..but there are many helpful people that try their best.

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

LW,

The title was not meant to hurt ANY victim of ANY crime....merely stated to make a point.

Since you're a "newbie" you may not realize that each poster has his/her own writing style. Some styles will turn you off, some styles you won't understand. That doesn't mean you should go around making snap judgements about a person based on typed words you see in front of you. Farkel said it best....Remember that a human being is behind the words (most of the type, except for Fred Hall and Friday and You Know, LOL).

You said:

I did not attack you, LDH

But if you go back to the first words on the first page of this thread and re-read what you wrote, you will see that you DID attack me because you were hurting.

I never said I don't "roll out the red carpet for victims of abuse"--I said I don't "roll out the red carpet for everyone CLAIMING to be a victim of sexual abuse." There is a HUGEdifference, LW.

I wish there had been enough room on the title of the thread for me to say "Should everyone claiming to be a victim of pedophilia be treated with kid gloves on JW.com?" That's what I wanted to say, but there are limitations on character length when posting the title of a thread.

You weren't a poster on this board when SEVERAL people came claiming "I was molested" and then were proven wrong. People with kind hearts (obviously I don't fall into this catefory ) were offering them support, kind words, etc. Only to find out later that they had been lied to.

You haven't been here long enough to know that, so I can see how you would think me to be a heartless person. You are wrong, period.

We are all survivors of the WBTS. Some of us were 'lifers'--born into it...others converted. Either way, as Prisca stated, we are all survivors. One group does not and should not have carte blanche, unless that rule is openly stated by the board owner/moderators.

I understand why Simon felt the need for moderators, but in a way it makes me sad.

I don't believe we should automatically accept everyone who comes here and posts "I am a victim!" and neither do I believe we should make effigies out of their detractors to beat and burn.

Simon you have a tough job and it is obvious to everyone that you are doing your best. Thank you.

LB, I'll see *YOU* in the mud pit.

Lisa

Edited to add: I do NOT think you are a TROLL, Little Witch.

Edited by - LDH on 3 September 2002 13:59:4

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Oh my, not this crap again.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit