XJWs what do U do with your TIME now

by QUEENIE 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

I work 40 to 45 hours a week.

Spend time with my two beautiful grand daughters.

Like Mulan, Im into tracing my ancestry. Ive gotten back as far as 1749. Im helping my X husband trace his. He was adopted and we have found his birth mother and father.

Whatever time is left I use it for things like house cleaning, washing clothes and etc.

• Tammie
    Tammie

I have been actually able to slow down, spend more time with my family, and througly enjoying it. After my youngest is in school, this is his last year home. I am planning on going back to school. Hubby is in all support of what I am doing and my plans for the future. And I live in the perfect town for that, there are two universitys here.

• leokio
    leokio

Swing a metal detector. It's a different kind of "field service". It can eat up a lot of time but it's a heck of a lot more fun and sometimes even profitable. It's kinda like fishing which I also enjoy.

Leo

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Help! I don't have a life yet. I just work, and read. Trying to spend more time with the kids and wife. No hobbies. Like golf but no one to play with. Too new out and life is full of voids.

This is not bad though. I'm like a convict just out of jail. All my friends were inside. Only outside friends are pen pals (folks here) but they live far apart. I remind myself the voids will be filled, and only exist because I'm am now free.

Jst2laws

• Farkel
    Farkel

jst2laws,

: I remind myself the voids will be filled, and only exist because I'm am now free.

A guy with your character will have a ton of new friends in no time. Consider using the time you used to spend on Watchtower chores doing volunteer work of your choice. Taking pledges for PBS, stuffing Easter Seal envelopes for the Lung Association, chatting with the elderly at rest homes.....whatever pleases you to do. You'll make a lot of friends and very quickly. I haven't done that sort of thing in about five years, but I'm going to start up again.

Helping others is one of life's greatest pleasures. I thought that was what I was doing when I was a dub, but I was wrong. I was just another unpaid book salesman.

Farkel

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Farkel,

Thanks for the advise. Your'e a survivor. I have started making new contacts. It will just take time.

Jst2laws

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have alot of things to keep me occupied with 3 kids. I have my oldest in high school now and he is playing football, so lots of practice, and haul him and his friends around all the time.

My other two kids, ages 8 and 7 are being homeschooled to catch up and then they are going to school too. They did for a week and we had problems with the youngest because of ADDH.

I spend alot of time , doing things that are no fun but necessary: cooking, cleaning, folding clothes etc. My house is not spotless, I would rather talk with the kids and play with them than be a perfect housekeeper.

We sit outside every evening and throw them the football, or watch them race each other. They jump on the trampoline too. We enjoy watching tv together, laughing , visiting relatives and just going to walmart is fun with our bunch.

I love to read, magazines or my favorite, books by Ann Rule, on true life crime stories.

We have 2 dogs and 2 new kittens, which we love to spoil.

My hub and I go out dancing every weekend and get away from the kids for a night and it is wonderful to be free to do whatever we want.

I really am looking forward to cooler temps so we can do some outdoor things.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Life is good.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I've started a Surf cult.

Every morning we review the surf report and discuss how it might apply in our life. We then spend a few hours each week out in the Surf discussing what we've learned with others. We think of thought provoking questions to ask others such as "Have you ever longed to live in a world where you can surf in perfect health every day of the year?" Catchy huh? We then point them to our surf travel guide and tell them how they too can share in this wonderful privilege. We make sure to keep accurate records of every new face we meet. We call it the "surf-face" report. We also have meetings with these new ones. You guessed it, they are called "surf-face" meetings. And from time to time we will surf the same spot over and over to see if there is anything we may have overlooked. We are beginning to see more and more "no-trespassing" signs but we just blow right through them!

We all know water rescue techniques which is absolutely necessary since we are involved in a life saving work. We had several members at one time but a few have left to pursue boogie boarding. We think "independent thinking" is to blame and avoid them at all costs. We try to encourage all we meet. With all of the shark attacks that we've been hearing lately we know that surfers just need some encouragement. We explain to them why they happen - "The whole ocean is lying in the power of the wicked fin" (symbolic for Great White Shark)

Oh yeah, we take donations! Please let me know if you'd like to contribute to the World Wide Surfing Cult.

Freewilly

AKA the Faithful and Discrete Surfer

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My wife tells me that all I do is read and post on this damned forum.

Not really, although she may say that at any time now.

I have been away from the borg for @ 10 years now. Also I am retired. So I mostly do what ever the hell I feel like doing on a given day. I even after ten years of freedom still marvel at how good it feels to be free of the wbts. It never fails to put a grin on my face.

It was a little troubling at first, trying to fill my day with anything but the troof. I was employed then and that used up the days. Lost a good part of my family so I sought out new friends and tried things that had been banned in the troof. Never stuck my neck out too far. It was a little hard to shake the jw thinking about society at large and become comfortable with people and trusting.

For any of you who are just now starting that journey, be assured that you will adapt and have a much better life than in the past. You will no longer be judged on the basis of your percieved success in the religion only. You will find people in general are more caring-open minded-honest-less critical-less hateful-less demanding than you are used to in the jw world.

After a while as your brain and mental processes are free of the cult influence you will see things and understand things in a much clearer way. Also you will look back after a few years and ask yourself, why did I ever tolerate all that nonsense and idiotic demands? I often ask myself, what the hell was wrong with me? To put up with that gross dysfunctional religion.

Well I've rambled along enough.

Outoftheorg

• LB
    LB

I like the surf lifestyle and attempting to apply surf in all aspects of your life. That's good.

I do surf every so often but living 3 hours from the coast slows that down. Still some other activities are...bicycling, scuba, geocaching, backpacking, coaching highschool cross country and basketball, stupid horses, grandchildren, occasional boink and in line with that the never ending search for the perfect boobie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit