Ruth Moshonas' Watchtower

by Stephanus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

As mentioned in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=35499&site=3

I got hold of a 1st February, 1989 Watchtower belonging to a Ruth Moschonas. Here is an extract:

She's dutifully underlined and bracketed things as a good Dub should. But she also has a habit of circling question marks. It's not so obvious in the pic above, so here is another extract:

Is this standard Dub notation, or is this just a little eccentricity of Ruth's?

Edited by - Stephanus on 29 August 2002 7:16:23

• minimus
    minimus

I think rather than underline all the questions, she just circled.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I didn't leave the WT until 1998...so I should know this article LOL.

This mag was marked in haste...she is obviously not very staunch, there are not handwritten references to other scriptures or articles. I bet she's not even a dub anymore...as she has the signs of a fading dub...I know those signs...she also has a very unsteady hand, could be a child. The name written on the front cover looks like an older person's hand writing style. Such a mystery, please ring and find out for us.

Beck

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You can get all that from those extracts, Beck?? Have you figured out her eye colour yet?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

And why would someone leave someone else's Watchtower on a train for others to read? Mysterious!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Would the literature servant at her congregation have written her name on it? The name wasn't on the March 1st issue - it's totally pristine and untampered with.

• myself
    myself

Maybe the train went thru a black hole in 1989 and Ruth disappeard and the Watchtower couldn't be transported. I think I would choose another train next time.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Prisca's theory:

Sis Ruth was taking the Feb 89 WT to a bible study of hers, to show her an article in the WT that answered some question the bible study had.

Whilst on the train, travelling to visit her bible study, Sis Ruth drops the WT, and hence it is left on the train.

I think Sis Ruth is an older person, possibly in her 60s or older.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Stephanus: I believe Ruth is approx 60 yrs of age...and I think she wrote her name on the mag herself. I think she is a bit of a hoarder, which is why she still has 1989 mags. I also think she was leaving old mags on the train intentionally, she is a lazy witness, but zealous in her own way. The marked Feb mag got accidently caught up with the placing mags...she is not a tidy housekeeper and she pays little attention to orderliness.

As for her eye colour...a shade between green and brown..and she wears glasses.

Beck

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    I think Sis Ruth is an older person, possibly in her 60s or older.

Correct. She is of new australian descent...has a thick accent..and hairy legs. Do you see this?

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit