The Last to be Resurrected :-(

by Lefty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

you would no doubt agree that not everyone of those who are resurrected will come back to life all at once. That means that someone will have to be first and someone will have to be last. Guess who those will be that will be at the rear of the line.

Lefty,

I do not see it. Can you prove this point first instead of taking it as a given? From what I am seeing in the texts, all resurrection will take place at the same time. If there is any delay then it is a minor one of no consequence. There is no such thing as two resurrections or an early resurrection. The first resurrection is one of quality and justification not first in time.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 27 August 2002 22:31:39

• Lefty
    Lefty

Little Tex,

Lefty, are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses? If so, then you do not understand what your own religon teaches. On numerous occasions, they have stated that Adam and Eve will not be resurrected because they were perfect when they sinned, thus creating the need for a perfect man (Jesus) to be offered as a ransom in exchange.

For your information, Little Tex, I'm Friday aka Yadirf aka Lefty. And I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and have been since 1968. And, I do for a fact understand the WTS's viewpoint on this matter. But, have YOU ever read Daniel 11:35 ... with understanding?

I too believe in a resurrection. When it will happen, what form it will take and who will be resurrected does not matter to me. If God judges me worthy, I am thankful. Anything else related to the resurrection, I am content to leave in his hands.

Well, blow me down, maybe we should just go ahead and change your handle to "Unbothered". No wait, that wouldn't fly, because everytime I hear from you you're all lathered up and BOTHERED.

Can you be a little more condescending?

You're wish is my command, O Little Tex!

Friday

• Swan
    Swan

Where in the Bible does all of this malarkey come from? I thought the Bible said something about how ALL those in the memorial tombs would hear his voice and come out. There is a mathematical formula well established for the speed of sound in normal atmospheric conditions. Are you telling me that scientific laws will cease to exist as we know them after the Big A? That some people in one part of a cemetary will hear his voice several hundred years faster than someone in another part of a cemetary?

Please explain this fantastic theory of yours in more detail. Also, can you give us the mathematical formula for this new variation of the speed of sound? This would revolutionize the world as we know it. You could very well be the next Einstein.

Tammy

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Main Entry: multiple personality
    Function: noun
    Date: 1901
    : an hysterical neurosis in which the personality becomes dissociated into two or more distinct but complex and socially and behaviorally integrated parts each of which becomes dominant and controls behavior from time to time to the exclusion of the others -- compare SCHIZOPHRENIA , SPLIT PERSONALITY

I'm Friday aka Yadirf aka Lefty

Switch to the decaffeinated when taking the Prozac.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Two questions Friday.

1. Are you counting time talking to everyone here?

2. With all the discussions and articles from the "faithfull and discreet slave" how on earth can you justify being on these web sites, letting alone commuicate with anyone here? Last time I checked that was a df'ing offense.

• Lefty
    Lefty

Joseph,

My computer froze up while I was typing a response to you, causing me to have to reboot.

I do not see it. Can you prove this point first instead of taking it as a given? From what I am seeing in the texts, all resurrection will take place at the same time. If there is any delay then it is a minor one of no consequence.

I think what accounts for our difference in viewpoints here is the difference in the way we understand 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. You likely see the resurrection spoken of there as referring to all that are to be resurrected. I, on the other hand, see it as referring to only Christ's bride, and of course Christ's bride is not all that will be resurrected. Those that are not of Christ's bride, their resurrection will follow (but not immediately, for Christ's resurrected bride will join Jesus as he fights the battle of Armageddon), in an orderly fashion, all being taught righteousness under the reign of Jesus and his chosen bride.

There is no such thing as two resurrections or an early resurrection. The first resurrection is one of quality and justification not first in time.

That's sure a strange interpretation you have there. Revelation 20:5, 6 shows that those who will rule with Christ participate in what you agree is called "the first resurrection." Unless there is a resurrection that follows, it shouldn't be referred to as being the "first" one? Am I just being bullheaded? I don't really think so, particularly if people are due to be brought back to life needing to be educated in the ways of righteousness. To try imagining EVERYONE of those unlearned people being back on the scene simultaneously, needing education, etc. ... weeeell, to me it's much more reasonable that the resurrection of the multitudes start off slowly and then pick up momentum as there are more and more learned ones to help instruct more and more resurrected ones. As you can perhaps see, I believe that Jesus and his bride will educate the masses via people here on earth, in the way I described above. Jesus and his bride will merely oversee the operation to make sure that it all proceeds as it should.

Friday

• Lefty
    Lefty

Tammy, the SillyUglyDuckling:

I thought the Bible said something about how ALL those in the memorial tombs would hear his voice and come out. There is a mathematical formula well established for the speed of sound in normal atmospheric conditions. Are you telling me that scientific laws will cease to exist as we know them after the Big A? That some people in one part of a cemetary will hear his voice several hundred years faster than someone in another part of a cemetary?

What if, for example, I were to tell ALL those participating in this discussion that I will buy them a double-dip ice cream cone of their choice of flavor, but it took me several days or more to fulfill my promise. For Jesus to say that "all" would hear his voice doesn't have to mean that they would all come out of death at the same time. You see what I mean, SillyUglyDuckling? That's no doubt why I hereby dub you "SillyUglyDuckling".

Friday

• Lefty
    Lefty

Freedom96,

Two questions Friday.

1. Are you counting time talking to everyone here?

2. With all the discussions and articles from the "faithfull and discreet slave" how on earth can you justify being on these web sites, letting alone commuicate with anyone here? Last time I checked that was a df'ing offense.

Listen, 96, that question has been wore out due to the numerous times that it has been asked. I just answered that very question here a couple of days ago. Where were you? Do you have such a small mind that that's the only thing you can spout off? It don't have a thing in the world to do with the subject at hand, so why don't you go run along and maybe beat your wife or something -- but please don't maltreat your puppy, okay?

Friday

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I heard you can get ressurected sooner if you slip Jesus a Kripsy Kreme donut!!!

• capbuster
    capbuster

If I could ask you ex JW's a question. It would be "Why do you still hang on to there interpretations of there bible. It has so many things taken out of context and you have been taught all these from the start, and you are now realizing they are false. Why don't you start reading out of the KJV or an other translation that most theologians prefer." I know that it is a translation too, but scholars say it is the closest to the orginal texts that we have. To get completly out of there way of thinking you need to try to do this for your own good and health. Paul talks about in 1 Thess 4:16-17 being caught up or todays language "rapture" is what most call it. It means the same thing. IT says for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be "caught up" together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. These verses means that those who believe and have trusted Jesus as there personal Savior and have died will rise first, and those that are believers and are alive at his coming will go next. Then if you go to Corinthians 15:51-52 Paul says Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The mystery he's talking about is the Corinthian people were kind of like the people in Thessalonica and they thought that if you had died before Jesus came back that you wouldn't get to go. Paul assured them that they would and would get to go FIRST.

In a moment, in the twinkling of a eye, is so fast no one will be able to see it happen and those left behind will find out what the book of Rev says and means.

My intention here is not to anger but to help people understand the real "truth" about Jesus, and to really experience Gods wonderful love.

Capp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit