The Last to be Resurrected :-(

by Lefty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Lefty
    Lefty

Of course I know that many of you here do not believe in the Bible and its promise of a resurrection. Some of you do not even believe in a Creator. But those of you apostates that still do believe in a resurrection back to life, you would no doubt agree that not everyone of those who are resurrected will come back to life all at once. That means that someone will have to be first and someone will have to be last. Guess who those will be that will be at the rear of the line.

Remember, the resurrection could be in progress for centuries before it is completed. That means, of course, that those resurrected early will have an advance start of several hundred years over those coming back to life near the end of the resurrection period. Thus, to make the mistake of being one of those who will not be resurrected until near the end of that period -- all because of wanting to get the utmost out of this life now (perhaps a short-lived 70 years at that) and suffering spiritually because of it -- will have forfeited several hundred years of life, all said and done.

Now, is that a happy thought?

Friday

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Friday:

Is this new light? My understanding of the WT teaching was that those who died near the end of the old system would be resurrected first, in order to recognise and help people from earlier generations. The rationale being that Jehovah is a God of order.

Thus Moses and Abraham are going to get the short end of the stick you speak of, yes?

Expatbrit

• onacruse
    onacruse

Matthew 19:30 ++: " But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."

Though I firmly believe in the resurrection, I also know that it was a ridiculous waste of time for me to concern myself with the numerous WTS interpolations on the process, timing or protocol of the resurrection. 99% of what they speculate on this matter is not founded in Scripture.

Also, compared to an eternity, a mere few hundreds of years will quickly "come out in the wash." Otherwise, we would have a perpetuation of a "classed" Society of "early rezzies" and "late rezzies."

Sincerely, Craig

PS: Please don't misunderstand my post as a slam on your thread. Your question just touched a nerve.

• Lefty
    Lefty

Expatbrit,

My understanding of the WT teaching was that those who died near the end of the old system would be resurrected first, in order to recognise and help people from earlier generations. The rationale being that Jehovah is a God of order.

I'm really not aware of such thinking as you mention. Personally, I believe that God is going to reward the most faithful of his servants with the earliest of resurrections. Because of the advantage that Adam and Eve had, and yet proved foolish in spite of it, I believe they will be the very last two to come back.

Friday

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Friday aka lefty,I`m going to give you another Dub lesson..Free!!..It`s only a happy thought for active dubs.An inactive dub according to WBTS is worse than a none dub and will most certainly be destroyed at armagedon..Your not an active dub..In dub world an active dub is defined by the WBTS,not you,dimwit!....Your a dead man..LOL...OUTLAW

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Because of the advantage that Adam and Eve had, and yet proved foolish in spite of it, I believe they will be the very last two to come back.

Lefty, are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses? If so, then you do not understand what your own religon teaches. On numerous occasions, they have stated that Adam and Eve will not be resurrected because they were perfect when they sinned, thus creating the need for a perfect man (Jesus) to be offered as a ransom in exchange.

I too believe in a resurrection. When it will happen, what form it will take and who will be resurrected does not matter to me. If God judges me worthy, I am thankful. Anything else related to the resurrection, I am content to leave in his hands.

However your attitude, through your original post speaks volumes. "Those of you apostates that still do believe in a resurrection." Can you be a little more condescending and arrogant? You remind me of the story told of the first-century scribes who had a bridge constructed from their living quarters to the temple, so that they would not be soiled walking amongst the Great Unwashed.

"You're the type of person who wold solve the world's hunger problem by ordering out. Preferably at a good Chinese restaurant." -- Alan Alda, California Suite 1977.

• Lefty
    Lefty

Onacruse,

PS: Please don't misunderstand my post as a slam on your thread. Your question just touched a nerve.

I understand the feeling, onacruse.

Also, compared to an eternity, a mere few hundreds of years will quickly "come out in the wash." Otherwise, we would have a perpetuation of a "classed" Society of "early rezzies" and "late rezzies."

There are a lot of terminally ill people today that would give absolutely everything they own in exchange for *a little more time*. Personally I would hope to get in on the early years of Christ's reign and all that will be going on after the transfer of earth's affairs out of the hands of Satan and into the hands of Jesus ... I don't want to miss out on ANY of those experiences if there's anyway I can prevent it.

Friday

• Lefty
    Lefty

Outlaw (The Lawless One),

In dub world an active dub is defined by the WBTS,not you,dimwit!....

I AM the "WBTS", you dimwit! LOL!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Main Entry: megalomania
    Pronunciation: "me-g&-lO-'mA-nE-&, -ny&
    Function: noun
    Etymology: New Latin
    Date: circa 1890
    1 : a mania for great or grandiose performance
    2 : a delusional mental disorder that is marked by infantile feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur

I AM the "WBTS", you dimwit!
    Shouldn't there be sinister laughter with maybe an organ playing in the background, right about now?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Friday aka Lefty, your the WBTS? You like to pretend you work for them..LOL...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 27 August 2002 22:28:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit