YOU KNOW says "IT's A CONSCIENCE MATTER"

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

I find it hard to believe that people still challenge You Know on visting apostates sites in contradiction of WT rules.

In my somewhat limited memory (I don't read everything here) YK has written about:

1) "apostate dubs" (talking about loyal JWs that worship the organization)

2) the eventual destruction of the Watchtower by Jehovah himself

3) controversial issues, like calling Jehovah "Master of Deception"

4) sympathizing with other apostate agendas and admitting that he would have to question WT doctrine if the end of the system doesn't come soon

You Know gives a rat's ass about what the "Faithful Slave" has to say about anything. He has a direct link to Jehovah and is firm in his beliefs. What the Watchtower says is irrelevant.

My 2 cents.

Obie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Yardif a.k.a Friday?

You need to restudy, (even though it will be about the turdtheenth time) Jesus Earthly Life & Ministry . Must be you were daydreaming during the study of that publication. You know it's people who daydream during those studies, that cause the "Faithful & Discreet Slaves" under Divine Providence, make us study those books over & over & over & over........ Pay Attention next time. Jesus was nice!

• JT
    JT

This issue has always been my Litmus test of a REAL JW.

When a jw is asked about being on apostate sites and the directions from THIER SLAVE i have seen very very few who answer the question, like YK and Friday most jw do the 2 step dance.

every since the 1981 wt of sept 1/15/ the position of jw and those who are classified as apostates has been crystal clear, while i too have always commended any jw for merely being here for it indicates that they have already started to leave the Org , THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET_

I recall when i first came to the net and the question was posed to me, it was impossible to answer

for to answer it by saying it was ok or a conscience matter i knew any former jw would know i was trying to blow smoke up his nose, to say that i was disregarding the very clear directions of the slave, meant i could not argue with the Apostates who are often dogged for DISREADING THE DIRECTIONS OF THE SLAVE

so for me i often ask this question of newbies - for it was a turning point for me to see just how Goofy my belief system was

on one hand i was claiming to be loyal to the org like a good jw, but on the other hand i was directly going against the clear instructions on dealing with DFed, DAed and those classified by the org as apostates

so yes we do welcome any jw here, but each one must RECONCILE the clear contridiction of what they preach and what they practice

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

An "inactive dub" IS a "dub", otherwise why do you call such a person a "dub"? You're an idiot, Outlaw, because you don't even know when you're contradicting yourself.

Well not according to our circuit overseer. One of the last meetings I attended, this "loving" brother stated that not only does Jehovah not hear the prayers of anyone who has doubts, he does not acknowledge any dedicated, baptised witness who is inactive or even irregular. According to him, from the platform no less, if a brother or sister reaches that deplorable state, it is as if they are dead to Jehovah.

And by the way, I'm haven't been to meetings in 14 years. I'm not disassociated, nor am I Df'd, but I cannot consider myself a "dub". The standards of your religon are too low. Any religon that fawns over pedophiles while killing (spiritually) any and all victims who protest their abuse, I cannot in good conscience be associated with.

• JT
    JT

Big Tex

don't you just love it when a "real JW" starts posting and don't even know what his religion even teaches on an issue-- when i was an elder i used to use this text here along with many of you here as well as CO and DO to describe that one can't be INACTIVE AND STILL BE A GOOD JW

*** Rbi8 2 Peter 1:8 ***

For if these things exist in YOU and overflow, they will prevent YOU from being either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

############

IF YOU look up ref on this text in the wt you will see it is often times used by the writing dept in the context that a real jw will have some hours and placements to turn in EACH MONTH

This is why i love the net for it shows to all just how silly your avg "loyal" jw is on the net

this poor guy annouces "I'm Inactive, but I'm still good to go in the Org"

he is so lost the poor guy has no idea where he is

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Must be the "New Light".

• minimus
    minimus

so the bottom line is???????????????????

• Quotes
    Quotes

Big Tex's point is correct, and similar things have been published in the WT: Prayer is a privilege that not all have.

You Know, Yadirf, WHO DO YOU PRAY TO?

Edited by - Quotes on 22 August 2002 11:21:10

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Big Tex says:

One of the last meetings I attended, this "loving" brother [circuit overseer] stated that not only does Jehovah not hear the prayers of anyone who has doubts, he does not acknowledge any dedicated, baptised witness who is inactive or even irregular. According to him, from the platform no less, if a brother or sister reaches that deplorable state, it is as if they are dead to Jehovah.

I'm aware of the fact that some over-zealous C.O.s make unreasonable, unauthorized statements of the sort that you speak of here. Insofar as "doubts" it seems that I've read in Raymond Franz' first book that even Nathan Knorr himself expressed a degree of uncertainty regarding the 1914 doctrine itself. I wonder, therefore, what this particular C.O., whom you mention, would say about Nathan Knorr? To be consistent he would have to think that Jehovah didn't listen to Nathan Knorr's prayers -- and while he was serving as President of the WTBTS at that. I'm sure that the day will come, if it hasn't already, that the C.O. mentioned will regret having uttered such a foolish thing.

Friday

Edited by - Yadirf on 23 August 2002 2:11:56

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yadirf, I posted what I did in response to your statement that an inactive/irregular Witness is still a Witness. Technically, I suppose I'm still a Witness, since no judicial action has ever been taken against me. If you consider yourself a Witness, then fine by me. I don't. And yet our status is the same according to the Witnesses. However, this JW line of thinking that an inactive Witness is dead before Jehovah is a one that I've heard many times from various elders and COs. I've never agreed with it, even when I stll going to meetings. I've also heard several times that Jehovah does not hear certain prayers. Again I've always disagreed with this teaching. Quotes very accurately refers to the 1990 Watchtower as just an example of this teaching. You may not agree with it, but accept it as a JW teaching. Ask around. If you doubt me, try it out on a few of your elders, or better yet do some research on it in the Watchtower. To me, it's just another in a long line of harsh and unloving teachings the WTBS seems to be about now. It didn't used to be that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit