To spank or not to spank?

by Nowhere 119 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• IMA_PALLED
    IMA_PALLED

IMA Glad to see this being brought up.I have been looking for someone to spank for a long time.......

........no,wait! this is the wrong web site....................

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

IMA-

I wonder if this anti-spanking thing applies to adults. . .hmmm

• larc
    larc

144001, if I had two children instead of three, I may have reached the same conclusions as you. There are individual differences in children, you know. By the way, I would not consider two situations in 18 years as barbaric. You never did answer the question. How would you handle a toddler that is about to electrocute himself.

• IMA_PALLED
    IMA_PALLED

STINKY-

I raised two boys by by the rod,neather are in prison------yet.

Now if they want to get spanked they must pay for it.

Larc,

You're a weird guy. First, you refer to me as a "prick," then I retaliated for your your rude, unprovoked and inappropriate comment, and now you want to debate again? Too late, "professor," you had your turn at the podium, and you exhibited a lack of composure and made a fool out of yourself. In the interests of minimizing Simon's grief and any further embarrassment for you, I'm going to refrain from any further discussion with you on this thread.

• larc
    larc

144001, so in other words, you have no answer for how to handle a male, adventursome toddler facing danger. I didn't think you would. As LB pointed out, aggresive boys who are not reigned beccme criminals. Children are born barbaric and need controls. What works for one does not work for another. I think you live in La La land.

Larc,

No, in other words, despite representing yourself as an academic, your actions continue to provide ample basis for doubting that you even completed high school. Apparently, you failed your remedial reading class, otherwise you would have seen in my previous posts that I very clearly and unequivocally answered your hypothetical. I may live in "la la land," but at least I learned to read.

"Children are born barbaric?" Is that the rationale you use to justify your violent behavior such as slapping your son in the face? I bet the multitudes of child abusers in this country utilize the same rationale to justify their conduct to themselves. Where is the scientific support for this outrageous assertion? You ought to quit and save some face, Larc; each time you type, your foolishness becomes more evident.

• larc
    larc

144001, a mild slap on the face is not violent behavior. He was slapping his sisters, and nothing was getting through to him. It is not beating. It did not create a violent adult. My son is a very pleasant and polite adult. Your inflammatory language doesn't prove a thing. Now as I recall, you said should have had some kind of protective device over the plugs. I have never seen such things. At any rate, I was responding to the situation as it happened. I am glad you have a nice complient girl. I had two of them myself. No, having three children does not make me an expert, but does give me triple the experience that you have. Believe me, there are very big difference in children in many traits, as I vouch for by having just three kids. My situation was not hypothetical it was real. Let me tell you another real incident. My wife cooked a pizza, and left the door open after removing the pizza. My toddler went towards the stove. I said, "no, hot." He proceeded to go over and touch the hot oven. This the kind of things some kids do. Because your's does't is irrelevant.

Larc,

Why do you wish to continue to discuss this issue with someone you consider to be a "prick?" Isn't there anyone elseo out there you could turn to to alleviate the guilt you're feeling for slapping your son in the face, notwithstanding your delusional rationalization that "a mild slap on the face is not violent behavior?"

Editing: Additions are underlined, deletions are struck-through.

Edited by - 144001 on 23 August 2002 14:16:50

Edited by - 144001 on 23 August 2002 14:46:49

• mevirginia
    mevirginia
    And no one can convince me that there is NO DIFFERENCE between a swat, a spanking, and a beating. I've had all three during my upbringing, and let me tell ya, BIG DIFFERENCE.

Beautiful,

AMEN! to not only your comment above but also your entire response was very well put. You are obviously a parent and a good one if you are anything like your comments.

As for 144000 and 1, I will only respond to your remark or accusation that I said Nowhere has mental problems.

You are out of line and as far as I can tell attempting to incite a flame so I will no longer respond to your comments unless you would care to change your attitude just a bit.

There exists a WORLD, we live in it, packed with people, and among those people 100% have issues.

Yes even you.

Having issues is also something that each of us deal with differently. That is a far cry from being mentally ill.

edited to add comments after reading the rest of this thread.

StinkyPants LOL, seems that we have a forum full of Psychology majors .

Me too , BUT! even so, I still have to agree with you.

Are you really ashamed of the barbaric manner in which you raise your kids?

You are so way out of line it isn't even funny anymore.

Larc

Please don't pay any attention to some of these remarks you and your relationship with your family is exactly that. You do not need to prove your worthiness as a father to an on-line identity. And please do not allow this attack on your character to upset you. It isn't worth the time of day.

Edited by - mevirginia on 26 August 2002 4:16:49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit