To spank or not to spank?

by Nowhere 119 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

As for 144000 and 1, I will only respond to your remark or accusation that I said Nowhere has mental problems.

You are out of line and as far as I can tell attempting to incite a flame so I will no longer respond to your comments unless you would care to change your attitude just a bit.

There exists a WORLD, we live in it, packed with people, and among those people 100% have issues.

Yes even you.

Having issues is also something that each of us deal with differently. That is a far cry from being mentally ill. - - mevirginia

mevirginia,

Your accusation in the quote above that I "remarked" or "accused" you of saying that "Nowhere has mental problems" is an outright lie, so I'm going to repost my post that you responded to so as to both illustrate your dishonesty and to support my response:

You might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional. Not meaning to offend you but trying to be sincere. - - mevirginia

If you really are as sincere as you claim to be, maybe you can explain for all of us what "issues" you suspect Nowhere has? I see nothing in his post that justifies your assertion that Nowhere "might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional." In fact, Nowhere made good points that you've failed miserably to rebut. Maybe you ought to follow your own advice? - - 144001 (Emphasis added to highlight statement at issue)

Rather than accuse you of saying something you didn't say, I quoted you verbatim and designated it as a quote using the appropriate punctuation. Nice try, but next time you attempt to discredit me, you might want to try being honest about what was originally posted. Your foolish attempts to discredit me using easily rebutted lies demonstrate that your veracity and integrity are suspect and your words should therefore be subjected to careful scrutiny or not trusted at all.

As for your stated belief that I am "attempting to incite a flame," I will always respond to folks who utilize personal attacks on others solely because they either don't agree with them on an issue or are unable to advocate their own position in an effective manner. You suggested that Nowhere might have some issues worthy of professional exploration, and given the context, it was implicit that you were referring to mental problems. In fact, your response also supports this contention, given that I never mentioned mental problems anywhere in my post. Apparently, mental problems were on your mind?

Personally, I could care less whether you respond to my posts. But when you get out of line again, you ought to expect others here to expose you as was done here. You'd be foolish to expect otherwise.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I fall in with the "Spank only if necessary" group.

One aspect that hasn't been brought out is the primary reason we have the sensory response of "pain". "Pain" i.e. a smack on the ass, will remind us that a certain action or behaivior is detrimental to us. Yes it can be abuse, yes can be a form of "venting" for the parent and yes if implmented excessively or illogically it will cause harm. So can many other aspects of parenting such as mental abuse, verbal abuse,lack of love, etc.

But, If a child is running out in the street after repeated admonishions from his/her parent, a smack on the ass teaches a much softer lesson that the smack of a car bumper. A childs perception of right/wrong, cause/effect and the consequences of certain behavior is severely lacking at the early stages of life. They do not always have the ability to reason on their behavior. A spank will often penetrate those barriers when reasoning fails in future situations.

This concept does not always fit into a utopian mindset, but hey if you want that I'll send a JW friend of mine over, he'll hook you right up.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Shrugs LAST ONE !

POSTED BY 144001:

Larc,

I'm not sure what you were rebutting, as I didn't direct any of my comments to you or to the issue being discussed in this thread. I just thought it was inappropriate for mevirginia to insinuate that Nowhere has mental problems merely because she doesn't agree with his opinion.

Followed by:

Nowhere

Thanks for your comments 144001.

I don't know how to respond to the rest of you . First I have no mental illness. Second I am not a monster for being raised myself without spanking, and so on...

144001 SAID:

mevirginia,

Your accusation in the quote above that I "remarked" or "accused" you of saying that "Nowhere has mental problems" is an outright lie , so I'm goingto repost my post that you responded to so as to both illustrate your dishonesty and to support my response:

SO,You were saying,

I didnt even tell Nowhere I THOUGHT I said. MAYBE YOU NEED TO EXPLORE

Please go back to schoolor something. At least try and stop battering other posters. Only going By the sound of your responses, but you seem to be the most potentially VIOLENT person in this thread.

It's been almost interesting

goodbye

Mevirginia,

Thanks for reposting a bunch of quotes that have zero relevance to the issue at hand. You accused me of "remarking" or "saying" that you accused Nowhere of having mental problems. The quotes you provided do nothing to support your lies. I accused you of "insinuating," not remarking or saying that Nowhere has mental problems. Any reasonable person reading your original post would have come to the same conclusion. OK, let's put that to a test, what other interpretations of your quote, "You might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional," can anyone come up with that are consistent with the context of your original post?

I'm really laughing at your statement that "[I} seem to be the most potentially VIOLENT person in this thread." Does making entirely baseless and ridiculous accusations constitute the best you can do in responding to these posts? What basis do you have for making such an outrageous conclusion? Are you under the influence of narcotics? Do you have a prior history of mental illness? Are you sexually frustrated or coming out of the closet? What's your story?

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

There is something wrong with you.

There is something wrong with you. - - mevirginia

Shouldn't you be getting ready for the ministry school and service meeting where you can graze with other like-minded individuals?

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Does making entirely baseless and ridiculous accusations constitute the best you can do in responding to these posts? What basis do you have for making such an outrageous conclusion? Are you under the influence of narcotics? Do you have a prior history of mental illness? Are you sexually frustrated or coming out of the closet? What's your story?
    Would you mind if I use this in my next class as an example of projection? Or will you file suit for copyright infringement?

If you had any knowledge of copyright, you wouldn't be asking that question, as the quote is "public domain." So feel free to use it, as I have no say in it anyways and really could care less. It's good to see that you're getting an education; maybe that will help you develop the social graces you are so obviously lacking.

• larc
    larc

144001, What are you talking about? You lost me. What does copyright laws have to do with this subject? Who are you talking about when you say you are glad they are getting an education????

Welcome back to the thread, Larc. If you read the two posts that precede yours, hopefully the answer to your questions will become fairly evident.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit