To spank or not to spank?

by Nowhere 119 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Meverginia you forgot about the group that's against women breast feeding saying it brings pleasure to the woman.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Children can be extremely emotionally battered with words.

Even though a child may not ever receive a spanking doesnt necessarily mean the same child is automatically NOT an abuse victim. I see parents all the time verbally beating their children and priding them selves on not spanking them.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia
    Meverginia you forgot about the group that's against women breast feeding saying it brings pleasure to the woman

Sorry Trauma_Hound I missed out on that one. But then I didn't breast feed either ;)

• larc
    larc

Farkel you are so advanced and ahead of me, I can't believe it. Drowning is the perfect solution. It keeps problems to a minimum, and it helps control the world population growth situation that we have. Trauma Hound, why did you call your daddy an ass hole when you were 16 years old? If I ever called my dad an asshole, ever, I would not have lived to see my 16th birthday. You were lucky to have such a loving father.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

I cannot imagine my son calling me names. I can't fathom my son calling me names.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

This is interesting. Thank you for your answers.

It is not my intention to offend anyone, but I will answer and give my view on the matter.

First of all. Is spanking different from beating? They are both acts of violence. You can say what you want, but I know you can get prosecuted if you go out and gives someone on the street a slap in the face or even the bottom. But it's ok to spank children? Do you think it would be ok if you people when doing something wrong, maybe at work, got a slap in the face for that? I know the differs between spanking and beating, and I think they are both wrong. It sickens be to read in the stupid WT magazines how you are to spank your children out of love. Out of love? I can give the author of that article a good beating. I'll just tell him it's for his own good, and it's all an act of love.

When two people argue, you would probably consider it to be uncivilized if they started slapping each other instead of talking and arguing. Don't you think something is wrong when you have to spank your child for getting it to listen? Or is the child stupid?

Is it ok to slap your wife/mate when she/he doesn't listen?

• LB
    LB
    Is spanking different from beating?

Then never hit your kid. I think you are so wrong it's scary. I didn't have to spank one of my kids ever and it worked. I hope you have a kid like that. Because if you don't, you'll raise a monster.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia
    Do you think it would be ok if you people when doing something wrong, maybe at work, got a slap in the face for that?

Slapping anyone in the face especially a child is and act of loosing control of ones self.

That is hardly equivalent to a spanking.

You might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional. Not meaning to offend you but trying to be sincere.

You might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional. Not meaning to offend you but trying to be sincere. - - mevirginia

If you really are as sincere as you claim to be, maybe you can explain for all of us what "issues" you suspect Nowhere has? I see nothing in his post that justifies your assertion that Nowhere "might have some issues that may be worth exploring with a professional." In fact, Nowhere made good points that you've failed miserably to rebut. Maybe you ought to follow your own advice?

• larc
    larc

Nowhere, go back and read my two examples and tell me how you would have handled those two situations. How many kids do you have and how old are they? Often advice like yours is given by people who have not been through the experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit