I beg you all..........

by WildHorses 50 Replies latest jw friends

• puzzled
    puzzled

So this is turning into a LETS sue Simon board! if we can't come here and be as offensive as we like?

I didn't sign up on this board to threaten people and certainly not the owner. I can't believe someone is actually posting a threat after 100 or so posts. or after 4 weeks on the board. Already yelling LAWSUIT! MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED!

Some guy is suing the Fast Food Chains because he had no idea that their food was fattening.

There was no sign saying

"Don't eat three Big Mac's

EVERY DAY

if you want to stay skinny"

Was that you Trauma?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Some guy is suing the Fast Food Chains because he had no idea that their food was fattening.

There was no sign saying

"Don't eat three Big Mac's

EVERY DAY

if you want to stay skinny"

Was that you Trauma?

Is this a personal attack on TH? In my opinion, if there is to be any moderating on this forum, this is the sort of shit that should be edited. It isn't foul language that hurts, it is attacks like this that are for no particular reason except that somebody dares to disagree.

• animal
    animal

Yep... robdar is goshdarn motherfrickin right.

That just doesnt carry the same tone, but was politically correct.

Animal

• anewlife
    anewlife

I just wanted to say Thank you to Hilary for the previous threads on some of the rules of this board.

I come on this and see the "discussions" going about something that was said in another post and I'm completely in the dark. Then I wonder if perhaps I have done or said something at any time I didn't know was against the rules of the board...I don't think I have as I use common sense and would never want to offend anyone, but then I wonder. So, I agree with whoever said it, that it would be a good idea for somewhere when you first sign on to have all the rules posted and maybe even an "Accept" of "Don't Accept" box to check...that way there's no question. If you don't accept, then you need to find another forum to belong to.

Everything in life has to have rules, we can either choose to follow them or go some place else where the rules are different. Isn't that why we left the WTBTS?

Thank you Simon. I enjoy your board and appreciate all your efforts.

anewlife

• puzzled
    puzzled

Is this a personal attack on TH? In my opinion, if there is to be any moderating on this forum, this is the sort of shit that should be edited.

Thats your opinion.

My opinion on the other hand, needing a sign in your face (too the point of calling other posters names and making threats not to mention starting fights over it) in order to be able to understand whats offensive and whats not is the very same, NO, the EXACT same thing as the man who is suing the fast food chains for not putting up a sign. Look it up.

This is an actual case and in no way was it made up to take a pot shot at TraumaHound's weight. You saw it that way.

I forget sometimes that this board is made up of people from all walks of life and all are not aware of the rediculas things there are to find on our court dockets here in the states.

This is one example

He is suing them ( McDonnalds, Wendy's, Burger King and Jack In The Box ) because there was no sign telling him that a diet of hamburgers and French fries are fattening.

He is blaming the fast food industry for his weight gain. Even though it isn't even a substantual gain at that.

Even if he wins some money, would it be a victory?

NO DIFFERENCE WHAT SO EVER.

AND this is not offensive it is a comparison the same comparison as going into someones home and being rude.

Only in a legal sense more accurate. Trauma's example was threatening to sue Simon for not knowing what being offensive is. But if you think that is reasonable then by all means think so.

My 5-year-old nephew can understand this, no problem at all.

NOTE: no need to cuss about it either. OR improv.

Edited by - puzzled on 17 August 2002 18:31:13

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

And that isn't me but I agree, 100%

I wish I said it. We do not go around attacking people on thier looks or dress or color of hair or what language they speak or the color of thier skin or the kind of car they drive or thier name or if they like dogs more then cats or if they are hairy or bald. And I don't hang around with those who do.

ThankYou

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hasn't anyone ever heard of

COMMON SENSE???

If you are at someone's home, and they ask you to tone down the language or subject matter, out of common curtesty you refrain yourself from saying or doing anything that would upset or insult the host and the other guests. It's done out of respect for the host, and also showing respect to other people.

As for rules etc, most of what Simon asks from us is common sense anyway. At my place at work, you rarely hear a cuss or swear word. We're all adults, and not of any particular religious preference, but out of respect and common decency we refrain from swearing in the work place. What you do in your own home is your business. But what you do in public is of concern to all.

• Solace
    Solace

Common sense.

Maybe before posting, we could take a quick look at what we've written and ask ourselves, Is this something I would want someone to tell me?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Puzzled,

Exactly why did you feel that you had to tack on "was that you Trauma?"

There was no reason whatsoever except to make a dig. And now to act all self righteous because you didn't cuss.....

"This is an actual case and in no way was it made up to take a pot shot at TraumaHound's weight."

So why are you bringing up TH's weight, if you are not trying to be insulting?

You are pathetic.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 18 August 2002 1:43:47

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Robdar, I understood Puzz post as saying it was an example.

Sorry, am sleepy and added the wrong name

Edited by - Lilacs on 18 August 2002 1:48:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit