I beg you all..........

by WildHorses 50 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I see the same thing happening here that happened on another site a couple of years ago. All of this complaing about moderation. I just can't believe it.

Think of it this way. Each of you have rules in your home that you expect people to visit to follow. If they don't follow those rules, you kindly ask them to leave your home.

Simon has been more than hospitable. Just look at how we have been acting in his house. We have disreguarded his rules and some have even demanded that he thow out the rules. If I were Simon, I would have shown a few of you the door by now, and believe me, I can take a lot of crap before it gets that far.

Bottom line. If you don't like the rules..........Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. BUT..........don't try to do as you did when you brought down the other site and take everyone else along with you. You know know that's what you are trying to do.

Shari

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

this place would be nothing without the posters

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

True Moe, but not all posters like the same thing. What is offensive to some isn't to others.

I myself do not offend easily, but I respect others who are offended. When I visit someone, I abide by their rules and I expect the same of people who visit me. Although the rules in my house are a bit relaxed.

I guess what i'm sayin is this...............Is getting to use curse words worth leaving over? Or is disrespecting others worth leaving over?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I've already left one organization because I didn't agree with the rules and I have every right to leave this one the same way. Having said that, I've found this one fills a void in me and lets me vent from time to time and it is easy to vent without breaking any of Simons rules. So, I choose to stay and am grateful to Simon for providing this outlet. Anyone who disagrees can leave and take their permanent vertical smile with them.

• puzzled
    puzzled

Dittos Lilacs

Plum and entire lurker family

• wasasister
    wasasister

Moe: I dunno, hon. This place seemed to be working just fine before I arrived in March, 01.

When did you get here?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Although registered at other sites, I enjoy this one the best. So, I'm sticking around. Having moderators doesn't bother me at all.

Nowhere in society does one just get to do as they please all the time. Why would any expect different here? Years ago, when an active JW apologist on AOL, the moderators there acted more on personal whims and dislikes of individuals. I don't see that happening here.

I would hate to see any leave, but if that is ones personal conscience, then each must do as they feel is right. But, before you go, think about how many other forums you may have left and what for? Instead of continually jumping around seeking a place to continue inflammatory posts and personal attacks, why not just post something worthwhile and take the other nonsense to email?

I see no reason Simon should have to support and pay for others desire to attack other posters.

Lew W

• puzzled
    puzzled

i DON'T SEE ANY REAL SENSE IN SQUABBLING ABOUT IT. oPINIONS ARE NICE UNTIL THEY TURN REAL UGLY. iF THIS PLACE TURNS INTO ALL THE OTHERS THEN WE CAN ALWAYS JUST LEAVE. wHY HANG AROUND JUST TO FIGHT OVER IT.

oops cAPS ON AND i JUST LOOKED UP.

DUH...spilling coffee and messing up key board.

I don't feel like typing this all over again so I sure hope no one starts yelling at me to stop yelling.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Think of it this way. Each of you have rules in your home that you expect people to visit to follow. If they don't follow those rules, you kindly ask them to leave your home.

Simon has been more than hospitable. Just look at how we have been acting in his house. We have disreguarded his rules and some have even demanded that he thow out the rules. If I were Simon, I would have shown a few of you the door by now, and believe me, I can take a lot of crap before it gets that far.

Bottom line. If you don't like the rules..........Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. BUT..........don't try to do as you did when you brought down the other site and take everyone else along with you. You know know that's what you are trying to do.

Shari

I would post a sign with those rules, however there isn't one here, and so everything is interperted by the moderators personal whims, I know I've been a victim of this, again your statement is just plain stupid, without the posters there would be no board period, end of statement.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I just wanna take this timeout to lend my support to Simon&Ang.

It's a shame what is happening really, but I KNOW for a fact that most of the folks here can see right through the antics of some.

ONE....

bigboi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit