I beg you all..........

by WildHorses 50 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Example:

Does one need a sign posted that says it is WRONG to moleste children? You know the answer to that. And guess what, you don't need a sign to know it's wrong to do so. Common sense tells you it's wrong.

Same thing for this site. All you need is to use common sense.

• wasasister
    wasasister

So, TH, if I follow your logic:

Is there a sign in your home instructing people not to deficate on your carpet? How about a sign asking people to please refrain from calling your mother a harlot?

Aren't written rules mostly unnecessary? And if some guests are too thick to understand "unwritten laws", don't you just show them the door?

(edited to comment that I was posting simultaneously with Lilacs and did not mean to be redundant.)

Edited by - wasasister on 17 August 2002 13:14:47

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Wassa, no problem

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Trauma,

You have 150 posts on this forum. Can you not accpet that you may have missed some of these 'rules'. Others have suggested that you look through the 'Announcements' section on the Board run by the Administrator, you do not seem to have bothered doing this. This is where Simon's preference for Board ettiquette is highlighted in detail.

Here are a few links :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34557&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33541&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=31704&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30790&site=3

As you might say yourself, 'Some people never learn, *sigh*....lol

Best - HS

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Actually this is the first place I've been to, that doesn't have a Term of Service so again the norm is to post rules when you sign up, that is the norm, this is the exception, and deficating on my carpet is against the law, so yes it is written down in a book. Molesting children is against the law, so yes it is written down. Simon has said you shouldnt use curse words, well maybe it's ok in some contexts, that's vague, it leaves it up to the whims of the moderators. Here we go since there is no terms of service.

(c) 2002 Charles L. Eakins. All rights reserved.

If you edit or change the context of my message, I will sue you for copyright violations.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 17 August 2002 13:24:24

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Trauma,

You have 150 posts on this forum. Can you not accpet that you may have missed some of these 'rules'. Others have suggested that you look through the 'Announcements' section on the Board run by the Administrator, you do not seem to have bothered doing this. This is where Simon's preference for Board ettiquette is highlighted in detail.

Here are a few links :

So someone new is supposed to try to find these hidden messages spread through out the forums, give me a damn break, it's goddamn simple, would take 50 seconds in html to create a general terms of service, not 50 vague fucking messages spread all over the place. Get a grip.

(c) 2002 Charles L. Eakins. All rights reserved.

If you edit or change the context of my message, I will sue you for copyright violations.

• bigboi
    bigboi

What's the deal with this dude? U asked for a link to that forum the other night in chat. I gave it to u and u just ignored it just like u've ignored the 5 or so hillary just posted. What gives?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Charles, now you are just being childish. And besides, just typing that you have copyright, doesn't make it so.

I have to go to work now but if you feel like slamming me, feel free. I will just answer when I get home.

Just a warning though. I think to I will just answer any flamming post with a thank you.

• wasasister
    wasasister

OK, Trauma, I'll try this again because I like you and I might run into you today at Hemp-Fest.

Let's make a less extreme example, again using your home as the setting.

There is no law against putting your face into a plate of food and sucking it in making loud noises as you do so. (At least not in this state.) Yet, do you need to instruct your dinner guests in writing before serving a meal that this sort of thing is disgusting to the rest of the diners and will not be tolerated?

I would suppose that when groups of civil people congregate, it is assumed (or hoped at least) that certain decorum will be observed. It is not unreasonable nor completely restrictive of personal freedom to expect such.

I once asked my brother-in-law to stop telling ethnic jokes while in my home. Did I restrict his freedom? Yeah, somewhat. But I did not want my children exposed to this sort of offensive behavior. If Simon, or someone acting on his behalf, asks a poster to refrain from material offensive to abuse-survivors does it restrict their freedom? Yeah, but same deal.

Is this making any sense at all to you?

BTW, are there good second-hand fumes at the festival?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TH,

Why not write to Simon and suggest this? I think it is a very good idea and I have always found Simon to be ready to implement a good idea.

So someone new is supposed to try to find these hidden messages spread through out the forums, give me a damn break, it's goddamn simple,

No, everybody is expected to use maturity and responsibility in posting their message. If this happened these threads would not exist.

We all crab about the towing services who hoist your car and kidnap with it at 2.00am. You know how to put towing services out of business? Park legally. They would disappear overnight.

Editors, moderators whatever you would like to call them would be instantaneously out of business if people did not use discussion Boards to say or post things that they would not want their mothers to read..lol

Best - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit