I beg you all..........

by WildHorses 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    There is no law against putting your face into a plate of food and sucking it in making loud noises as you do so. (At least not in this state.) Yet, do you need to instruct your dinner guests in writing before serving a meal that this sort of thing is disgusting to the rest of the diners and will not be tolerated?

Actually I had a vietanamese co-worker that did exactly that, we shared an office, there was nothing I could do, different cultures act different ways, so your saying it's ok to force your ideas on someone else, like the Jehovahs Witnesses did with all of you?

(c) 2002 Charles L. Eakins. All rights reserved.

If you edit or change the context of my message, I will sue you for copyright violations.

• wasasister
    wasasister

We're not talking about work, we're talking about your home where you pay the bills.

Now what? If the person's conduct were bothering the majority of people at the table, what would you do?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I probibly wouldn't say anything and sum it up to the way they were brought up, and laugh about it later, and not let it bother me. I may try to be kind and maybe let them see what they are doing, but I certaintly wouldn't tell them to do my bidding or get the fuck out.

If you edit or change the context of my message, I will sue you for copyright violations.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 17 August 2002 13:45:15

• wasasister
    wasasister

Good, so we are not as far off as I thought. You would consider asking them to modify their behavior for the benefit of other guests (even if you, yourself were not bothered by it), do I take your meaning correctly?

I don't think Simon, or those acting in his behalf, have demanded anyone "do their bidding or get the F out." What they HAVE done is request people behave in a respectful manner towards each other, keeping in mind the needs of the more sensitive among us.

It seems to me, TH, this all got under your skin because someone deleted a picture you posted. I didn't see it so I can't really make a judgement on its merits, or lack thereof.

I do think there is a good reason for not enumerating a bunch of "rules" which themselves would become subject to interpretation and debate. There are nine Supreme Court Justices who do nothing but sit around and interpret the Constitution. Keeps these old guys on the gravy-train for life.

See you around, Big Guy.

• SYN
    SYN

Erm, Trauma_Hound, absolutely no offense intended, but I believe that the owner of the Board automatically owns everything written here, as per the user policy:

By posting on message boards, participating in chat rooms, or creating any other content, you will be deemed to have granted the site perpetual, non-exclusive permission to redistribute by transmission the information or materials worldwide without charge or liability.

This is an interesting twist to the whole moderation thing, however. I'm curious to find out whether you can do that, and whether it's legal.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

That's all fine and good, but says nothing about granting a license to modify my posts.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

That's all fine and good, but says nothing about granting a license to modify my posts

Technically Simon can do whatever he wants to, including edit or delete your posts. If he owns them he can delet them...seems simple.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

GO TRAUMA!

Trauma_Hound

United States of America
    Since: Jun 19, 2002
    Re: I beg you all..........Aug 17, 2002 13:57

That's all fine and good, but says nothing about granting a license to modify my posts.

(c) 2002 Amanda M. Brightwell-Smith. All Rights Reserved

• bakedcanuck
    bakedcanuck

no he doesn't own them, because if he did anything we say can get him sued for slander. :)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Wow, still cannot get over what a great idea Trauma had... YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

(c) 2002 Amanda M. Brightwell-Smith. All Rights Reserved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit