Is there anything that could make you go back?

by sleepy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

• anewlife
    anewlife

I have to agree with Amazing. ONLY IF they changed their policy on DFing. It is absolutely the most unloving, judgmental, harsh, rude, unjust manner in which one fellow human being could treat another....and these people were SUPPOSED TO BE our "brothers and sisters" and EASILY wrote us off! What really infuriates me is most of them don't even know WHY they are shunning me except like puppets on a string, they were told to!

Anyway, they'd also have to change their policies on child molesters....especially since my father is one of them and is in good standing within the congregation....(this FINAL decision on the matter just made within the last few weeks...a case where the Dateline exposure didn't change one damn thing in this congregation and all steps were taken through the "direction of the Governing Body" I was told!)

So pretty much the answer is NO!!!!!!

• bay64me
    bay64me

NO

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

...on second thought, maybe if I could make myself invisible and return to the old congregation, just to look into the faces of my friends--to see them once more. Then again, that would probably make me very unhappy, so I guess I really wouldn't want to do that. Maybe if I could just slip in the back door and not look at anyone. Just be invisible, but listen out of curiousity. I doubt if anything at all has really changed in 43 years. Armegeddon is still "any day now", and those warnings would be alive to keep yourself separate and apart from the world and everything in it. Yikes!!! Do I need any reminders of those days? No Way.

Last May ('01), I traveled by myself to Florida to visit with my mom after dad died earlier in the year. I knew that she would try to get me to go with her to her "meetings", and I was all prepared to say "no". Just as I thought, she told me that she had this really big favor to ask and that she just knew I wouldn't say no. She said she wanted me to go to the meetings with her because she wanted all her "friends" to meet her eldest daughter. I really did hate to hurt her feelings. I kept telling myself that I didn't believe them any more and that they couldn't hurt me any more, but finally decided to tell her that I would be a hypocrite to go with her. That I did not believe their teachings and so I would have to decline. I told her to feel free to attend as she usually does.

When the evening of the book study came and went and she didn't go, I didn't say anything. Then I told her that she should go on to her meetings because I was just fine staying behind and watching TV or reading. She decided not to go to the Thursday meetings either. She did not attempt to do any "witnessing" to me, and said that I was "past being able to see any of the beautiful truth", and that I would be destroyed. I tried not to let that get to me while in her prescence, but later on, before going to sleep, I cried.......for her......

Karen

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

I`ll have to agree with what LadyLee said..................Give me a lobotomy and you can take me any where...................Other than that NO I`ll never go back!...................Jedd

• termite 35
    termite 35

Sentinel;that was such a sad story-did she really say that? i'm sorry.

Perhaps she quite enjoyed the 'time off', perhaps the comment on how you're going to die at the great A day was thrown in for good measure to keep her feeling holy-I was informed of my imminent death on many occasions....if she came to stay often she'd be basically inactive ...!? Good luck ...

I'd go back to 'distribute' silentlambs literature-but only as far as the gate-I call it the confetti literature arrangement.

Past the gate my stomach would give up it's contents.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Would I ever go back to the kingdumb hall or be a jw again.

YES, under one condition. If, "and god knows I wouldn't want this to happen", but if I became mentally ill with a severe case of alsheimers and was drooling and crapping/peeing my pants and gurgeling and cursing I would let my ex wife, bless her heart, take me to every meeting.

In fact I think I will put that in my will!

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I agree with Mary's list"

"Lets see: If they:

Changed their policies on child molestation;

Dropped the 1914, 1918, 1919 bullshit;

Let us celebrate birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, etc.;

Didn't make kids stand outside in the hallway for "opening exercises", thus ensuring a life time being made to feel like an asshole;

Didn't make you go knocking on strangers doors telling them they're going to die if they don't become a Dub;

Didn't make you go to 5 freaking meetings a week;

Let women actually have a say in the way things were run;

Re-instated everyone who appeared on Dateline and apologized to them;

Re-instated Ray Franz and that whole group that got screwed in the early 1980s;

Let you buy lottery tickets if you wanted;

Encouraged young ones to get a good education;

Encouraged you to think and question things;

Elected elders that had at least the IQ of Forrest Gump;

Let everyone partake of the emblems at the Memorial;"

Yes..I agree with EVERYTHING in that list

And I would add...I might go back when the WTS:

-Re-instated all the ones they df'd and/or da'd for stating they didn't want to be a JW anymore;

-Dropped the shunning policies;

-Actually became the "non-profit charity" group they CLAIM to be, and dispersed their wealth to help the poor, widows and orphans, homeless, and ill,..just like Jesus' example'

-Apologized and begged our forgiveness for all the hurt, pain, suffering and broken families they have caused;

-Admitted their error and apologized for lying to us about their UN involvement;

-Admitted their error and apologized for all the deaths they've caused by their "No Blood" lie;

-Admitted their error and apologized to all the families of those who lost their lives or suffered incarceration when they inforced their 'no alternative military service" rules;

-And a whole lot more....... OR

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER.....WHICHEVER COMES FIRST

Had Enough

PS....LOL at 'outoftheorg's' conditions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit