Is there anything that could make you go back?

by sleepy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Is there anything that could make you go back?

What do you think, is there any change of belief or change of circumstance that could make you return to the JW fold?

I cant see anything that could make me go back,but I was thinking mabye some of you religious types would go back if they changed some doctrinal things,or if they stopped banning blood.

How about if a family member was dying and hoped to see you in paradise would you go back for a while just to make them feel happy?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

A loaded shotgun in my face. Maybe not even that

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

nothing!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

nope

• musky
    musky

sleepy, If we were allowed to have differing viewpoints in some areas I may go back. I can't see this as ever happening though. The tower is held together today because it tolerates no deviance. Something minor like , believing Jesus died on a cross rather than a stake for instance, Will eventually have everyone in the congregation thinking we are spiritually weak, not fit for any priveliges.

My mom tried desperately to get me to go back to meetings. She said "thats o.k. son, just believe differently in some areas if you want." Obviously she was convinced that after attending again, I would conform with every teaching in a while. I told her that the watchtower allowed no deviance and I was not welcome there as long as i felt this way. How many witnesses out there today believe every bit of teaching that comes from the tower and would believe the exact same thing if there was no tower? Not many. 99% of witnesses put there personal true feelings aside , and just blindly accept what there told, because Jehovah will straighten things out in the future.

• musky
    musky

jjrizo, you havent made yourself clear . please tell us what you really think! LOL

• Mackin
    Mackin
    How many witnesses out there today believe every bit of teaching that comes from the tower and would believe the exact same thing if there was no tower? Not many. 99% of witnesses put there personal true feelings aside , and just blindly accept what there told, because Jehovah will straighten things out in the future.

Musky,

What you say is true. Also many are "locked in" to the JW system that does not allow any deviance of thought. And to express any kind of different thought would almost certainly lead to DF'ing. Because the cost of leaving (or bring thrown out) is so high, a huge majority choose to "put up and shut up."

Mackin.

• Mackin
    Mackin

And BTW, no, I'm never going back. Wild horses couldn't drag me.

Mackin.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Only if it became an atheist group, apologised for all the wrong doing, changed its name, removed everyone currently in charge, completely changed its organisational structure, and started holding meetings in my local pub.

• Mary
    Mary

Lets see: If they:

Changed their policies on child molestation;

Dropped the 1914, 1918, 1919 bullshit;

Let us celebrate birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, etc.;

Didn't make kids stand outside in the hallway for "opening exercises", thus ensuring a life time being made to feel like an asshole;

Didn't make you go knocking on strangers doors telling them they're going to die if they don't become a Dub;

Didn't make you go to 5 freaking meetings a week;

Let women actually have a say in the way things were run;

Re-instated everyone who appeared on Dateline and apologized to them;

Re-instated Ray Franz and that whole group that got screwed in the early 1980s;

Let you buy lottery tickets if you wanted;

Encouraged young ones to get a good education;

Encouraged you to think and question things;

Elected elders that had at least the IQ of Forrest Gump;

Let everyone partake of the emblems at the Memorial;

Sure, I'd go back........................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit