Comments on Connie Chung / CNN

by Amazing 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

LuckyLucy,

Where does the the bible say forgive a pedophile?

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men"

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Rather, "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better....."

And what does it all mean? That person would actually be better off if they had suddenly been so weighed down with sin, that they sank straight down, to those people who are generally considered to live down at the bottom. See prohibition on eating fish without fins and scales - i.e. don't be like those who dwell down in the deep. Better for them then, that this was their fate, than to remain at the surface teaching children to sin. And "from the depths of the sea they may be saved".

the congregation needs to and will probably work extremely close with law agencies in the future.

But with contrition? Rather, because of attrition - caught in the act - sorry because of their loss, like Judas and Esau - a loss while trading (traditor) - there's quite a difference. Truly a better outcome for them would have been -- see above.

bang

Edited by - bang on 15 August 2002 6:23:22

• Bang
    Bang

As I'm posting stuff about scriptures that can be read by passing dubs, I simply wanted to say to the jws - your org has not been revealed such things about the bible - please don't make off and claim or make out you've had any sort of revelations in regard to anything you may read through my posting. I'd hate to hear anything I ever wrote to be reheard through any association with the org.

bang

Edited by - bang on 15 August 2002 4:10:35

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Comforter,

Look, if you're going to be the illiterate one out of the Bleep/comforter double-act at least keep some consistency.

Ignored One.

• battman
    battman

Hey guys,

we all just let compfy hijack a wonderful thread.

a wise man once told me: never argue with an
    idiot lest someone walk by and not realize
    which one is the idiot.

a trap i reguarly fall into.

is compfy Fred Hall?

battman

• Xandria
    Xandria

I am happy the interview went so well. It struck me funny that, Bill Bowen said Thread .. and then corrected himself. He apparently was thinking of a Post or it just popped in his head all of a sudden.But over all it was a great job.

It was painful at one point when Connie asked about his father. Even I flinched, because I saw the pain that flashed through him. I hope this really brings examination of the facts. That this is a religion that will use any means to discredit someone.

Watchtower... Watch out your pride has finally cometh before a fall.

Xandria

As for Comf... Don't challenge him to a battle of Wits. He is unarmed.

Edited by - xandria on 15 August 2002 7:19:18

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

As for Comf... Don't challenge him to a battle of Wits. He is unarmed.

Au contraire. Comforter is just a troll whose sole purpose is to spew nonsense to detract from the pertinent issues at hand. And by the looks of it, you are allowing him to succeed.

It is quite capable of speaking legible and coherent English.

If you are unaware of what I speak about, educate yourself by reading the following thread:

Once everyone is well aware the comforter is attempting to deceive and make a fool out of you, that in fact it does know how to speak English perfectly well, and is just continuing this ongoing naive persona so as to attract attention, then perhaps you will be inclined to leave it alone.

Then it (comforter) will hopefully just go away, because it is annoying, and serves no beneficial purpose on this board.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 15 August 2002 7:31:13

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 15 August 2002 7:33:44

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The term Comforter is absolutely ironic.

• Celia
    Celia

no true free speech in this place. comfy love

Oh yes, there is free speech in here Comfy. The problem is, that you want everyone to agree with you ! and you dismiss as liar anyone who doesn't !

Following the lead of your masters in Brooklyn...

Edited by - Celia on 15 August 2002 8:5:13

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

un-comforter:

I asked you a question in another post:

Since you say that there's a lot of fecal matter in this board without your need to add anything, then What are you doing in this board???

I know what other posters will say, but for the sake of free speech, I like to hear from you answering the question.

Also, you expect to convince all the ex-JWs here as well as informed non-JWs that your position and that of your WTS masters is correct????

• Xandria
    Xandria

Then in that, the ointment to the rash that is known as Comforter is ignorance. Ok. Perhaps he did not get enough attention as a child, but still... this thread is about CNN and the interview. Back on track.

Xandria

Edited by - xandria on 15 August 2002 14:41:19

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit