Comments on Connie Chung / CNN

by Amazing 59 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Comforter, you are quoteing from the WT,
    I would think the bible would have more
    validity.
    Where does the the bible say forgive a pedophile?
    I think this scripture says it pretty simple
    even you should be able to understand this!!

Matthew

[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Snicker] This is funny, I don't even have to say Dumb Butt anymore!

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Comforter:

Shame on you!

You are evil.

People are given choices in life; you chose the evil and selfish path. You chose to watch the special that aired tonight on CNN. You chose to dismiss the accounts of abuse presented to you, in favor of clinging to a hope of eternal life, vested as it is in the crewel fleshy hearts of feeble old men. You chose to dismiss the pain and suffering of innocent children, in order to, dwell in the shelter of your tightly woven spiritual security blanket. Ignorance is not evil, for ignorance implies a lack of knowledge. You, however, are not ignorant. You saw the special, and in so many words, you even said that a problem exists. You dismiss the problem with moronic platitudes like nobodys perfect. If you have children, and I hope you dont, would you turn your back and mutter nobodys perfect while they are being raped? Well?

Your post says that if the attacker of your hypothetical children was a JW, you would do just that. Sick F***.

Good day!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Comforter,

I appreciate your answer. I agree that WTS needs to learn from its mistakes. However, I do not see that happening. DF'ing everyone who appeared on Dateline is not the way to learn from mistakes. Nor is their current attitude toward those who are standing up and protesting these past mistakes. Instead it shows a cold and heartless attitude of control fanatics who are determined to keep "guileless ones" in line.

"What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Matthew

[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy a big millstone with a chain and engrave "SilentLambs" and that scripture on it and ship it to the GB.

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Elsewhere:
    Great idea. You would have to write a study article to accompany the gift, though, else they wouldn't get the insault.

• comforter
    comforter

big tex

i have little control over what will happen to those young ladies. we can only imagine how awful such abuse must have been for them. comforter would be upset that his children were treated that way and he hates to hear about abuse cases like the two young ladies tonight.

people on this place may not like to hear it, but comforter believes there is a God in heaven that can right all these wrongs. He is the God of all comfort. there is no anxiety that the Lord cannot bear. God cares for his people and wants them to throw all anxiety on him.

if someone commits a crime though, they must suffer the consequences. that is what law courts are for. the congregation needs to and will probably work extremely close with law agencies in the future.

comforter

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

comforter

if someone commits a crime though, they must suffer the consequences. that is what law courts are for. the congregation needs to and will probably work extremely close with law agencies in the future.

that is doubtful; they can't admit that they have broked the law in the past, why would you expect such a quick turnaround?

I notice now that you might think that they are telling the truth.
    Like all good dubs, you think that it is an everyday occurence that apostates can just call up the national media and get a chance to talk. I know the case on connie chung, and this is the tip of the iceberg. It is the congregation from hell itself, and what went on in the congregation was ignored by the elders, or covered over as a misunderstanding. And that is just the sexual stuff, I am not even talking about how the elders that whiffed on heidi and amber neglected shepherding depressed ones, or calling to account elders and servants who were so far from exemplary they should not have been cleaning toilets, including the abuser. Up till 5 weeks ago he was helping in the magazine dept; any comment on that comforter? I now think that there are many congregations around the country like it, based on what i hear and read.

Wake up comforter, before your life passes you by and you regret a life wasted, being controlled by people who would allow your precious childred to be raped and let the perp walk, while you get df'd for talking about it.
    WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP, IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

See that's the problem I have with the Witnesses. I grew up in an abusive home and when I foolishly got my congregation involved, I received only anger and contempt. I was shunned even though I was still a Witness in good standing. My father was, and still is, a ministerial servant. The circuit overseer sat in my living room and told me if I said one more word to anyone about my father, he would see to it that I was Df'd. When my father remarried, I was forbidden to tell his future wife, who had two children, the truth about my father.

It's one thing to write a nice sounding article and tell the media how concerned the organisation is about children, but unless it's backed up by action the words are meaningless. If the Witnesses are truly concerned about the victims,and as you say want to "work extremely close with law agnecies in the future" then why is there no directive sent down to do this from Brooklyn? In fact, it's the opposite. I had the opportunity to read the letter sent to all elders 10 years ago, ordering them that when an accusation of abuse was made the elder was to call the Legal Department immediately. Do not report to the police, the letter said. This is not only wrong, but it is evil.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Comforter, are you related to Bleepy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit