Comments on Connie Chung / CNN

by Amazing 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

Fire, I am sorry for the pain you have suffered and for the lack of compassion on your parent's part. I thought what Bill said was to be admired, that he didn't hold it against his father that he had made a video condemning him, as his father was being intimidated by the Organization just like the girls had been. I am so impressed with the victims so far, they have all been courageous, well spoken, and angry enough to speak out. When the WT PR statement on how they handle child abuse was being read each person listening showed their emotions, and it reminded me so much of Erica's simple statement. Liars. I think any impartial person would be impressed with these girls and with Bill, they aren't con artists out to rip someone off. They were innocent victims, and all of them including Bill, still are.
    As for the Cult of the Tower, getting relatives like Bill's dad, Barbara's son, Fire Dragon's parents, my daughter and many other relatives of those who post or read on this board, to take the dark side, the lying side, of this clear cut issue, well, it is just astounding to me that they can do it. Where you and I see a couple of girls who have been abused and taken advantage of, true blue Witnesses will see a couple of apostates. The girls weren't afraid of the abuser, but of the Society's ability to take away something even he couldn't, their family and friends. I hope with all my heart the parents of these girls give them the love and support they need and stand with them against the perpetrator and his protectors. That there is a possibility they wouldn't is frightening really. In the case of those that haven't stood by their loved ones what would it take to actually make them stand up and call an evil wrong? If you won't do it for your kids, then for whom? In so many cases they (the Society) have erased the essential goodness, the natural love and loyalty of a father for his son, of a son for his mother. At least a clear snap-shot of the power behind those neatly dressed door knockers was exposed to the world at large.
    My thanks to the girls, to Bill and to all of you out there who are standing up to this cult and not sticking your tail between your legs and whimpering the company line. All of you have been wounded, but you bear your wounds with dignity and your courage and anger shines out of your faces and through your voices whether in Washinton State, the UK or MN. Maybe, just maybe this will save some other child the same experience. I do believe a lot of people will be watching their children more closely and even this cult will tighten up.

Best wishes for a happy future to all of you,

Grunt

• comforter
    comforter

comforter thought connie was fair with the interview. comforter feel that she knows the numbers bandied about (like 23,000) are exaggerations. if the stories told tonight are true, it a shame and wrong. but who said Jehovah's organization was perfect? We applaud Connie for fairness. The other side will come out soon.

Comfy

• somebody
    somebody

Thank you, Bill, Heidi and Amber! (and Connie Chung, for doing the show)

Here is what I noticed......

1/1/97 Watchtower , speaking about a known child molester in the congregation.

Moreover, the man has revealed a serious weakness that henceforth will have to be taken into account. If he seems to be repentant, he will be encouraged to make spiritual progress, share in the field service, even have parts in the Theocratic Ministry School and nonteaching parts

in the Service Meeting.

The Jehovahs Witnesses/Watchtower Bible and Tract Societys words on CNN , read by Connie Chung for the world to hear:

We abhor the sexual abuse of children and will NOT PROTECT and perpetrator from the consequences of this gross and perverse sin. We expect elders to investigate every allegation of child abuse.

Suddenly, when talking to the public, for the world to hear,a child molester is no longer referred to as a person having a serious weakness, but because the world is listening, the child molester is referred to as a perpetrator of a gross and perverse sin.

I can see their decietfullness. Trying to look good for the public again. And lying again, as usual.

The WBTS also conveniently did not mention that the elders investigation into allegations of child abuse are to ask the accused if he or she did molest the victim, and if he says he or she didnt, then that is the end of the investigation. Nothing more is done. Unless ,of course, there were at least two people watching.

So much for the WBTS' "aggresive" policy to protect children!

peace,

somebody

• comforter
    comforter

somebody

you misread the 97 wt. helping a weak brother is not the same as shielding pedophiles. pedophilia is a gross sin. have you not heard of hating the sin and loving the sinner?

comfy

• comforter
    comforter

did not rodney stark say that jw have agressive policy against pedophiles?

he know the truth.

comfy

• scumrat
    scumrat

Gee comforter thanks, as I was reading this thread and saw your post, It reminded me of how badly I have to take a shit. Please excuse me now. As I flush the toilet, I'll be thinking of you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Pimp Slaps comforter for being such a dumb BUTT] (Sorry about the bad Language)

• sisteract
    sisteract

HEY COMFY

ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE "WEAK" BROTHERS THAT YOU MENTIONED?

• comforter
    comforter

what i do wrong? comforter was just giving his thoughts on the cnn show. this is a free speech zone, is it? connie was objective. what else can i say?

comfy

• comforter
    comforter

whether comforter is weak or not none of nobody's business. but the bible say Christ died for the weak too. if you ask am comforter a molestor, the answer is no. he detests and abhor the practice.

comfy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit