homage to Waiting

by teejay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

btw, Grunt...

I see you are one of the oldtimers here at Simon's Place. For that, I tip my hat to you. I also like (very much) what you've said here. Just goes to show that a body don't have to be wordy to get their point across. Just goes back to my friend (I hope) Waiting.

Wish you'd grant us with your insights more often. Seems you got something to say. Wish you would more often.

• wasasister
    wasasister
    I got his number, though. You want it?

No thanks, I think I got his number a long time ago. Yours, too.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

My sister just called me and told me of this thread (my home computer being fixed - and a week overdue from the guy), and my first response was "What's it say? What am I being blamed for NOW?" lol, so life goes on the internet, eh?

Thank you very much - all responders. What a gift to receive....attention! I'm not THAT secure that I don't notice it, or lack thereof. I do appreciate the expressions of friendship.

However, I do understand the arguments of both TJ and COMF - and the different issues.

When in therapy, I asked the therapist why I responded differently from some others - more extreme, or less. I read a lot - and the victims's responses were so varied. In group, Lord! From women putting cigarettes to their bodies repeatedly, man hating lesbians, ok lesbians, crazy women and just some very average women. Some women seemed to have no way to articulate the happenings in their memories and reactions - some didn't seem to care about that. And this was a conservative group.

Back to my therapist.......she said that there had been long term studies done on tracking the child survivors of concentration camps - to see their adjustments to life. Basically, you could take 5 of them and line them up. #1 - Quite average. #2 - A loon. #3 - bitter & angry. #4 - comatose, #5 - turned out like his captors.

The lesson? We're all different.

Mommie Dark? I read her post to Milky a couple of weeks ago over at Kent's. Fine response, and I concur with Eman's response to her. I don't agree with her attitude or attacks, but she has fine abilities. I've read her writings in Randy Watter's Freemind Journal - again, fine abilities for writing.

Lol.........and I would assume she'd be in this thread if she hadn't been deleted for her language to Prisca recently.

Thanks again to all - just made me warm all over. Well, not ALL over.

waiting

ps: I never agree with Simon's titles - thus Farkel's joke about me always complaining about titles. I've even email Simon about it. His response? "My forum." He's SUCH a man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit