homage to Waiting

by teejay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

All through school I was known as "John's brother". Friends asked me, "How come you aren't like him?" Why did John become a doctor and I become a JW followed by a drunk? Same upbringing...

I don't think you thought enough of yourself. Maybe that's why you let yourself be controled by drinking?

• COMF
    COMF

Oh, boy, Lilacs, that's a hole with no bottom. Let's just be glad I'm not either JW or a drunk now.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Amen to that!

• Xena
    Xena

aaahhh waiting...now there is a poster to aspire to....when I become a supreme one I wanna be just like HER

waiting has long been a favorite poster of mine, she is thoughtful, witty, slightly sarcastic and almost always reasonable.....and like my friend teejay someone I would rather have on my side of any arguement than against!!!!!

Edited by - Xena on 13 August 2002 22:29:26

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Waiting has been a class act from as far as I remember since my posting here. She is intelligent and strong and dignified with some good doses of sarchasm. A very special lady and one of this board's greatest assets imo.

Path

• larc
    larc

COMF, I think you are missing the point. The point is that we have all been through it, you, me, Waiting, mommy dark, teejay, etc. Having been through it does not give us an excuse to rip people apart on our journey towards health, and that is exactly what mommy dark, tina, julie, and kent have done. If your premise was true, then serial killers and child rapers should go free. It is not their fault, after all.

• COMF
    COMF
    If your premise was true

(good god save us all)

MY premise, larc? What premise is "my" premise? Please quote me.

Edited by - COMF on 13 August 2002 22:31:24

• larc
    larc

Comf, your premise is that we should not be uspet with mommie dark, if we realy knew her history.

• COMF
    COMF

Please show me where I said that, larc. Quote me.

• teejay
    teejay

COMF,

>> I do consider you a friend, Teejay

After the sheer, horrendous drudgery of finding the steakhouse and then going through the hassle of finding a group of complete strangers (no help from the wait staff, thank you) a month or so ago, you were STILL the first person I looked for and recognized, and I had no hesitation. I will always remember the look you had. Do you remember?

Here, we battle (at times), but I count you as a friend, no doubt. I got nothing but respect for you, Bruh.

That being said, the point isn't whether or not someone posts "thoughtful, insightful, deep and moving things" as you alledge md does. Most folks, if we have a command of English, can ALL do that. In fact, most of us do.

As you said, which is more to my point, "I don't like her vitriolic posts; I think she has lots of room to tone it down."

Duh.

Has she had bad times? Is she female? Do "bad times" and "being female" go hand in hand. I'm thinking...

Duh.

My question is: How does she *deal* with it?

Therein lies the point of this thread. Waiting has dealt with some major shit, too. How does *she* respond to strangers? In email? In public?

------------------

>> My older brother...

No need to tell me about an older brother. Has nothing to do with this thread. But, since you brought it up....

Through a quirk of fate/weird genetics/DNA, my older brother and I look like twins--have even been mistaken for one or the other--even though we were born three years apart. All through school, I was "Little Rusty."

Shall I continue? Wanna hear about the grief I went through since I wasn't somebody else? I didn't think so.

After all, what does this have to do with Waiting? Or your friend md?

I say: "nothing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit