homage to Waiting

by teejay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

COMF, my friend,

By mentioning the number of replies to the threads md has started, all I was saying is that, possibly, we don't want to read shit from somebody that spouts venom at people. Could be? I dunno, but that is what I was thinking. I was also thinking that I'm not the only one to have this opinion of md.

Can md (or anyone else) control who responds to what thread? No, and *that* wasn't my point. My point is: the numbers are there, in the link you posted. It's simple: as a rule, on average, no one replies to her threads. That's all I was pointing out. What do YOU think that fact means? Care to theorize like I did?

>> If your stance is "Come on, COMF, everybody does", then why did YOU bring it up about her? What's YOUR point?

My point is that other folks (including me) have had bad times but REFUSE to use that as an EXCUSE to lash out at strangers.

I know a woman...

Let's call her "Waiting". As a little girl, she dealt with some SEVERE, truly HORRIBLE situations that are very difficult for me--a grown man--to fathom. How a father could possibly treat his children in the ways she was actually treated is... well... I couldn't reasonably believe in god if I'd lived through it. I haven't spoken personally to Waiting about it and doubt I ever will broach that subject when we *do* hook up. I just happened to stumble onto a thread that occurred long before I got to Simon's Place... and I read about... her life.

Let me say it this way...

I have a daughter. She is my life. My LIFE. Period. You have a daughter? Then you understand.

For her, my daughter, to be forced to face what Waiting faced AND ENDURED would be unbearable to me. Yet, Waiting did. She's here with us now.

Question: Does Waiting ever... and I say EVER, EVER, EVER call anybody a name? EVER?

Answer: No.

Yes... she holds her ground.

Yes, in her own irritable way "argues." She will disagree withya in a heartbeat. But call people foul names? Let venom and vitriol spew? Never. Not ever. She probably thinks it. I know *I* do, but she never SAYS it.

To me, Waiting is heroic in showing that people can conquer. They (we) can WIN. They (we) don't *have to* give in. Md gives in to the feelings every person alive FEELS but doesn't have the personal strength to master. Period. She ain't nuthin to crow about. She (sic) way average. Average. You hear me?

>> MD is mild compared to many people I've had to deal with in my life.

Know what? I'm beginning to feel sorry for *you*. I'm serious. Md is the worst person I've met -- anywhere, anyplace, anytime. If you've run across human specimens that are worse than her, then you've had a rough life and I have been luckier than I ever thought I was.

Or else, there *is* a god and he's been lookin' after me.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Teejay,

Interesting you started this thread. I was just thinking about our Supreme Lady and how much I miss her presence here. You are so right, the lady stands her ground without resorting to scathing personal attacks. Her circumstances growing up were so awful that it's nearly beyond my comprehension.

I know this is thread a response to COMF. But, Waiting was one of the first posters to ever pay any attention to me around here. She made me feel noticed and valued. She is part of the reason I stuck it out here. Plus, she has a great sense of humor! So, she will always have a special place in my heart.

Andee

• larc
    larc

Andee, Waiting is the first person to pay attention to me as well. She never did buy me a book of quotes that I wanted for Christmas, but that's OK, right Waiting?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

DITTOS

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I haven't read waitings story but I do know that she is one of the people I most respect here.

I think I will go look for her story now.

Lilacs

• teejay
    teejay

BeautifulGarbage,

Screw all the titles that Simon has in place 'round here. "Supreme One"? Please. Give me a break. Ain't nobody supreme.

Still. The woman *has* overcome. She's the real deal. For real.

Sometimes in life, ya gotta give people their props. Gotta bow down. Been meaning to do this for a while. Here it is.

• COMF
    COMF
    COMF, my friend,

I do consider you a friend, Teejay, and am looking forward to having you down to visit for more than just 10 minutes or so like in the steakhouse. That said, back to the discussion:

as a rule, on average, no one replies to her threads. That's all I was pointing out. What do YOU think that fact means? Care to theorize like I did?

I read her threads. She posts some very thoughtful, insightful, deep and moving things; mostly when she's telling about something she's been working out in her thoughts for a while. I don't like her vitriolic posts; I think she has lots of room to tone it down. But I cannot for that reason ignore the insights she brings, when she brings insight. Those who do are missing out. That's their choice to make; oh, well...

My point is that other folks (including me) have had bad times but REFUSE to use that as an EXCUSE to lash out at strangers.

Oh, get off it. Your point was no such thing. You were just condemning MD ("Eewww, get her away, she's got unresolved emotional issues.") You turned it INTO this point, after I said that I would too, in her shoes.

Waiting is quite the heroine, I agree.

My older brother was the quarterback of the high school football team for two years. He was captain of the basketball team, president of our chapter of the National Honor Society, president of the senior class, voted Most Representative his senior year, went to college, became a doctor, and has twice been voted Man of the Year in the town where he lives.

I come from the same background, with the exception that he didn't have an older brother to contend with. I was a member of the Beta Club, and was in Honor Band one year. I failed to achieve my high school dream of becoming a rock star.

All through school I was known as "John's brother". Friends asked me, "How come you aren't like him?" Why did John become a doctor and I become a JW followed by a drunk? Same upbringing...

Come on, Teejay. Tell me it's a flaw in my character.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Comf, I think you just answered your own question.

• COMF
    COMF

What question, Lilacs?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Screw all the titles that Simon has in place 'round here. "Supreme One"? Please. Give me a break. Ain't nobody supreme.

Good grief, Teejay! Smile...it uses less muscles, 'member?

You see me making a big deal out of the "titles"? If I was such a big deal I wouldn't have changed my username so many times! sheesh! I was just remembering all the ribbing she got when she was the "empress". And then "supreme". Your memory going on ya?

I am fond of Waiting...and if I choose to call her "supreme", I will..and even on a thread YOU started!

So, there!!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit