homage to Waiting

by teejay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

COMF, that was my impression, OK? I am not going, looking for quotes. I have seen that game before. Quote this, quote that, blah, blah, blah. I didn't mean that, you took it out of context, blah, blah, blah. I have an impression, so if I am wrong, so be it. "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity."

• COMF
    COMF

larc, in the interest of helping you see what's been said, I've cut my conversation with Teejay about emotional issues out of all the other stuff and put it up here by itself. See if this makes it any clearer for you.

Teejay: Where she excels, at least in MY view, is in the comments she makes in threads she doesn't originate, as Kis has mentioned. In venom and vitriol, she's the queen of the Foul, imo -- without equal among people I've met anywhere, in any forum, online or off. Personally, I believe the woman has some serious unresolved emotional issues.

COMF:
    I'm sure you're right about that. Do you know her life story? If I had experienced what she has, I'd have unresolved emotional issues, too.

Teejay:
    Come on, COMF. We *all* have those kinds of issues. Some have come thru living nightmares. I've read their stories here and wonder, not only how they made it thru, but how they can be so thoughtful and considerate with every word they type. (Waiting comes to mind, here.)

Crappy behavior and venomous words directed toward total strangers can't be excused by pointing at one's past. It's a sorry excuse. It's typical for abusers to become abusive -- nothing uncommon about that. The truly rare ones are those that rise above their horrible past and thru a force of personal will stop the cycle of pain and abuse. Darkmommie consistently shows that she is one of the former. In short, I don't give a damn about her life story. Knowing it would do nothing to diminish the ugly things she says here.

COMF: I simply responded to your statement, "I believe the woman has some serious unresolved emotional issues." If your stance is "Come on, COMF, everybody does", then why did YOU bring it up about her? What's YOUR point?

Teejay:
    My point is that other folks (including me) have had bad times but REFUSE to use that as an EXCUSE to lash out at strangers.

COMF:
    Oh, get off it. Your point was no such thing. You were just condemning MD ("Eewww, get her away, she's got unresolved emotional issues.") You turned it INTO this point, after I said that I would too, in her shoes.

• COMF
    COMF

There you go, larc. Set me up to be defending a position I never took, then blow it off when I call you on it. Very mature.

• larc
    larc

COMF, Let me give you my context. I have been sipping rather slowly on some beer. I feel mellow and sleepy. So, I am not in the mood for a fisty conversation or a confrontation. On other occasions, I am in the mood to do battle, but tonight ain't it. So, after a good night's sleep, I will bring myself back to this subject.

• COMF
    COMF

Teejay,

After all, what does this have to do with Waiting? Or your friend md?

My point was that different people have different capacities and respond in different ways to the same things. There's some logical value in pointing to people as examples, but I don't see any usefulness in it being turned to condemning others for not doing the same thing. I will not judge Mommy Dark based on Waiting's achievements. I'm proud of Waiting. I admire her. But MD is not Waiting, and I will not view that as a cause for shame.

Well, by now everybody will be thinking I'm defending MD again, so it's time for the umpteenth repetition of the assurance that I'm not.

I'm not.

I have not, at any time, taken the position that her behavior can be excused due to her experiences. Haven't said it, won't say it. I didn't bring it up. You did, Teejay, and not as a means of comparing "us all" with her. You were just getting in an ugly, unrelated, uncalled-for dig: "Personally, I believe the woman has some serious unresolved emotional issues."

To which I responded, "So would I..."

There's no claim that she can be excused in "So would I..." Just an observation. "Yeah... she's got issues. Okay... so what about it?" That's all I was saying.

• COMF
    COMF

larc: sleep well. All is blown off.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Mommie Dark has unresolved emotional issues - she throws her spew and venom upon anyone who crosses paths with her, or at least those who don't worship her.

Waiting has unresolved emotional issues - she argues her point of view logically, leaving the other person with their respect and dignity intact.

That's why Waiting is worthy of homage for the way she conducts herself, and MD doesn't.

• teejay
    teejay

I'm thinking that, in a weird way, we're replaying bboys latest oration on the matter of "free speech." What's wrong with md's manner of posting? Whatever.

For me, it's simple.

You can say whatever, and I mean whatever, is on your mind without being abusive, foul, nasty, ugly. You can tell someone EXACTLY what you think with little kids sitting right next to you, and the little kids won't even notice what you said. They'd never raise a brow.

Waiting has the verbal skills and intellect to do that. Md doesn't. Period.

Waiting has been through a living hell. Maybe md has, too, but they handle their respective (and similar?) histories in vastly different ways. That's the point of this thread.

They call her Supreme One. I'm not a 'title' guy, but if there was a title that ever fit, Waiting's does. I'm not a 'role model' guy, either, but Waiting sets a very, very, very good example of how to get one's point across w/out being crass, cruel, and needlessly abusive. In my view, she gets two thumbs up.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks for this thread, Teejay! It gives me a chance to voice my high praises for my sister, Waiting. I can verify that she is every bit the same in person as on this board. But I don't think she's seen this thread yet. Plus, she mentioned she was having her computer worked on.

Pat

• COMF
    COMF
    I'm thinking that, in a weird way, we're replaying bboys latest oration on the matter of "free speech." What's wrong with md's manner of posting? Whatever.

Ooooookay, that's it. I give up. If, after everything I've said so far, you're imagining that you and I are debating what's wrong with MD's manner of posting, then I have wasted a respectable amount of time here. I won't waste any more.

What I've had to say is recorded here on the board. Twist it into whatever you like. I'm going to go read a book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit