On The Art Of Fading

by expatbrit 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

So when you move out of state, you're moving to Oregon, right? Dibs on Euph and Piph for Oregon!

BTW, are you guys coming down for Turkey Day? What day are we doing it anyways? I vote for the actual T-Day--thursday!

Odrade

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Thanks, Odrade, it's nice to be wanted! Although I'm not sure if any other states would clamor for us. At this point, it looks like Colorado is the most likely destination. But nothing's set in stone.

And yes, we will be joining you folks for Turkey Day! Getting together on T-day proper sounds really good, but it might not leave us travel time beforehand. But I guess that's a topic for another thread.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Euphemism and Pip, I just want to wish you success on your fade! If I can do it I think anyone can. Much success to you!

~Aztec

• filmhobbit
    filmhobbit

Wow, thanks for this. It lets me know the plan my wife and I have isn't totally insane at least. We're at the point where we're just totally irregular at this point, 3 meetings a month at most, it gets tough from here though. Right now most of our friends and family live in other halls, they all think we're still really active, don't think we're any different from them. But that can't last forever, when we stop totally they'll find out, they'll know... and that's rough. Then the confrontations will start and I'm just not sure what to do after that.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is a classic thread that needs bttt'ing from time to time!

I miss Expat's dry humour around here.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I miss Expat's dry humour around here

Me too

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Me three!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

And me four.

Perhaps my namesake has finally perfected the "art of fading."

If so, I would dearly love to consider his further comments on the matter.

On-a-cruise

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Expat,

See with what large letters you are missed?

HS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That's a good point HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit