Leaving the Flock-Biggs is Almost Out!

by Mister Biggs 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• DIM
    DIM

Biggs -

It isn't easy, but it so worth it. Since me and Mrs. Dim quit going to meetings 6 months ago, we've felt so much happier, and Satan is really blessing us.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mr Biggs,

Did you, Quincy, and Nikita, come out at the same time? I'd love to hear the details of how you three came out of the religion as a family. Would you three consider it?

Lilacs

• queer_reality
    queer_reality

>Satan is really blessing us

ROTFLMAO

thanks, DIM

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I'm glad this was bttt otherwise I would have missed it.

I'm in full agreement with Mouthy...you should just slowly drop away...there's no need to go out with trumpets blaring....a quiet fade will be best for you in the long run. The reasons don't even need to be announced to people, your wife included. My ex said the same thing to me that your wife said to you:

"Our relationship will probably be affected because we would no longer have that common bond."

I didn't appreciate the condition...and so I left the troof and him. My marriage was very similar to yours Mr Biggs...I guess you have a lot more to consider then your spirituality. At any rate, I think you should try and avoid getting DF if you can.

Regards and best of luck to ya
    Beck

• teejay
    teejay

Beck,

I agree with you totally about fading, especially if Biggs still has family members in.

On the other hand... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=19176&site=3

• Nikita
  • Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

zenpunk- Thank you for the encouragement you have provided me.

Teejay- Your experience really touched me. I can't believe how it is almost exactly like mine. I will try to keep in touch with you (I'm so bad with sending e-mails. Nikita can attest to this fact. LOL!) Please feel free to e-mail me, too.

Every meeting that I attend is depressing. I really hear the hypocritical statements they make meeting in and meeting out. Like you, I leave the building or I shoot the breeze with anyone else not in their seat. I don't prepare (study) for the meetings anymore. The day is almost here. I will let you all know when I officially stop.

DIM- Gotta give those props to Satan. Isn't it nice that, despite what the Society says, when you quit the Borg, Satan and his homeboys basically don't bother you? LOL

Lilacs- My sister's thread should shed some light on all that happened. Let me know if you need any blanks filled.

Beck- Currently, I would just as well like to get out of both (the marriage and the Borg). I don't think that my wife will ever come to her senses. And if she does, I don't know how much we can repair our marriage. Anyway, if my marriage ends up in divorce then I am coming to Oz! Shoot...I am not blind...I remember what you look like! <Biggs wiping the drool from his chin!!!>

Edited by - Mister 8iggs on 27 August 2002 16:37:25

• teejay
    teejay
    I can't believe how it is almost exactly like mine. I will try to keep in touch with you (I'm so bad with sending e-mails. Nikita can attest to this fact. LOL!)

Every meeting that I attend is depressing. I really hear the hypocritical statements they make meeting in and meeting out. Like you, I leave the building or I shoot the breeze with anyone else not in their seat.

Dude, you don't need to explain.

Check this out...

Near the end of my 'time' and the date of my release drew near, I was still going out in service. Call me a fool, but I always liked service. I did things different than most people and actually enjoyed it. I liked talking to people and exchanging viewpoints. Always did.

Then only thing is... at the end, I stopped turning in my time. I blame that (to some degree) on Ray. He turned the light on... you know that light that told me that I could read a scripture as well as anybody else; and god's light could shine on *me* as well it could shine on somebody else. (It's the same reason why the commentaries other ex-JWs have written never did much for me. I figured: Why trade one voice for somebody else's not my own?)

Anyway, I finally saw the bullshit behind turning in time. My view, I found out, was even scriptural. Didn't Jesus say to not let your left hand know what your right was doing? Then, why rate yourself against someone else because of superficial things? Or allow yourself to be rated for same? Or rate others? I... uh... also stopped carrying a bookbag, too. Just the bible. Now... why did I go and do that??? Talk about becoming a spectacle! Man, was I ever!!

Not only did I become inactive (a biblical term... riiiight!!) but I became the object of suspicion. Two elders, friends of mine really (I had eaten in both of their homes and they'd eaten in mine many times; talked football; our families were close, etc.) cornered me one Saturday after service. Before it was over, I had both of 'em laughing but their views of me didn't change. My days were numbered. (One of those elders isn't an elder any more (I hear). Been meaning to get in touch with him...)

Sorry for the ramble, Bruh. Just meant to say that I was just getting started with what I posted earlier.

Holla atcha soon.

p.s. you said

Please feel free to e-mail me, too.
    I'd love to. Even if you *did* bother to respond, where would I send it?
  • Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

teejay-

I am at the same point as you right before you left!

I've cancelled my last two talks (my next step is to remove myself from the school). However, last week I received a last-minute request to be a substitute for the # 2 talk (Bible reading). It was in Ezekiel (I think...LOL...I can't even remember). God was once again getting angry at His people and he was going to once again kill them (most of them, anyway). So, I created the "talk" using only the Bible (no WT literature). Basically, I said that just because one claims that they are a true Christian doesn't mean that God won't punish (destroy) them. If God can execute harsh discipline and pain and death to HIS OWN PEOPLE (Israel), then He can do the same to us.

After the meeting, scores of people came up to me and told me how great my talk was. I thought I was going to get odd looks because Jehovah's Witnesses never talk about how THEY might be destroyed one day. They feel like it will only happen to non-JWs. My talk was "apostate laced" but "JW embraced". I'm confused.

My e-mail addy is: [email protected] (all are welcome to correspond with me...including Beck!!! (Hint! Hint!) )

• wildfire
    wildfire

HI MR BIGGS I AM A NEWBIE,,,HERE AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT AND HOW YOU FEEL,,, I HAVEN'T LEFT ENTIRELY BUT dam i just can't get out the door to even gotoa meeting,,, and i actually missed my first circuit assembly a week ago,,, mydau is still in and she gav e me ahard time over that .....i suffer from depression and have been in 3 car accidents.. so the elder body pretty much leaves me alone for now..... i will go to meetings and sit in the library and while the meeting will look through old wt books and make reports it really is hilarious (no one asks what i am doing... its a real fun time) but hell when we hadthe part in the km about disfellowshipping of relatives ,,, i gave my own version (ihave a da son in prison who is mentally ill) and my answer was that we have a right to take care of our sick relatives ,, an d i brought up the good samaritan (which was not in the paragraph) and how he helped out a jew.... that dam elder wishes he didnt call on me he wouldnt even look at me while i was talking .......... GOTTTTCHA YOU ASSHOLE YOU FILTHY VERMINNNNN ,,, SPAWN OF SATAN.....THERE I FEEL MUCH BETTER,,,, i am way tooooooobrazen ifyou get my drift ahahahah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit