Age Barometer-Do you remember?

by Trotafox 57 Replies latest social humour

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

PS-

I scored a: 1

I do remember: Drive-ins

In fact, there is still ONE Drive-in located in the south Chicagoland area that is open during the summertime.

• LB
    LB

While I am very very very old, I also am very very very immature.

• COMF
    COMF

Egad, I remember everything but the Blackjack chewing gum.

The fact that I was aging was brought home to me with a shock in 1979 (I was 26), working as part of a construction team, when a 14 year old we had hired as a gopher asked my partner and I, "Is it really true that Paul McCartney was a Beatle?"

• Imbue
    Imbue

I remember these items. However, these items still exist in some places.

Candy cigerettes

drive ins

soda pop machines that dispence bottles

Coffee shops with table side jukeboxes

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Comf. In the early 80s, my then 16 year old neice thought it was just pathetic that Paul McCartney was trying ride Michael Jacksons coat tail to fame and fortune. She never knew that he has written and published more music than anyone else has in history or that he was a Beatle.

What I remember most about Blackjack chewing gum was that I hated it! LOL, I can even remember Squirt with citrus pulp in the bottle. And, I'm only plenty three

Jason, my brain often tells me I'm still in my 20s. Then, my body says, "yeah? Well just feel this!"

Lew W

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I remembered 22. But my memory is going. It has it's advantages though. I can watch the same movie a second time and still enjoy it. So what I am trying to say is I should have remembered all 25 questions... or was it 26 questions?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I breezed through all of them!

Mom wouldn't get me PF Flyers 'cause they cost a buck more than Keds. I had Keds and all the other kids had Converse and PF Flyers. That's why I'm psychopathic.

Farkel
    Older Than Dirt Class

• COMF
    COMF

Okay, here's one for you old timers.

"Yipes! Stripes!"
    What's got 'em?

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I believe it was a chewing gum. I can still remember the different color stripes in each packet and they taste good to...........................Anyone remember the sevenup bar. What was your favorite flavor?

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

OMG....Several hours ago, there were only a few postings on this thread. Now it looks like all the old farts have been jostled awake. Thanks Reborn. We needed that. {{{{ }}}}}

So DR....P.F. flyers were high-top tennis shoes. Well no wonder I didn't know what they were.

Alchemist: Don't remember a Seven Up bar.

Does someone know where the following came from: "Plunk your magic springer froggy" I remember the saying so well but can't place where it came from.

Trot (from the aches and pains class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit