Poll: Affection or sex

by Mimilly 71 Replies latest social relationships

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

IF...... you had to choose just ONE to have for the rest of your life, which would it be? Affection or sex? And why?

By affection here I mean snuggling, kissing, hand holding, all the little things.

Sex - self explanatory

I'll go first - duh - cos I'm starting this thread. I absolutely LOVE sex. BUT, I choose affection. Affection to me lasts a whole lot longer and is far more meaningful than the primal romp.

Mimilly (interested to see how this poll adds up )

ps: Simon, if you feel this should be in another section, please move it. I certainly am not starting this for lurid details in responses.

• Matty
    Matty

I'll have anything that's going please if you're offering.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I want them both! But if I have too choose...Tough one....

I guess I'll choose the affection. Connecting with someone else is emotional. Sex is sex, absolutely fantastic, but emotional satisfaction is just a bit more satisfactory.

Viv.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Affection. Makes everything more special.

Sex is great, but with affection, it will make it even greater.

Regards and hugs,

Ajax

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Affection

Even sex gets boring if it just becomes a retetition or means of release. And it isn't like there's a shortage.

Affection on the other hand is more valuable.

Sex for life without affection, would get pretty ugly after a while and then you'd be stuck with.

• Dia
    Dia

I like it when you can't tell the difference.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Affection is like the air we breathe -- we need much of it to sustain us!!

Sex is like dessert -- we enjoy it when it's good, and hope it comes along often.

Gopher of the "breathing but on a diet" class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So when you've done the unforgivable and left the borg, your wife keeps "rendering her due" but affection is in short supply, where do you go from there?

Having had both, I prefer affection too. Life without it is like a living death.

• Francois
    Francois

Sex is a compulsion over which we have to reign supreme, an instinct not to be denied; a generally "self" oriented activity.

But affection? Aaah, affection. To be affectionate is to choose. Affection is to decide to treat someone with that special care and concern that is "other" centered.

Give me affection.

-francois

• Undecided
    Undecided

My answer now would be affection, but at age 18 it would have been sex.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit