What do you enjoy doing with your spare time?

by Celtic 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Spare time???

When I can, I love to read.........currently am reading Airframe, by Michael Crichton. I love historical novels too, and I read all the Danielle Steel books (I know they are fluff, but I need that once in awhile), and anything to do with time travel, like Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I also read quite a lot of non fiction, like Phil McGraw, and I just read Diane Wilson's book, Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness, and a book about Princess Diana called Diana and her Boys.

I am heavily into scrapbooking too, but haven't done anything with that hobby for about 3 months.

I enjoy making my yard look better, and also the house (making it look better). I also love to cook and make desserts, but am cutting back on that, as I lose weight.

Edited by - mulan on 5 August 2002 18:23:59

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hey Sabine!

Quilting is my new obsession! I've done a lot of cross stitching, wreath making, and beaded jewelry too! Of course all that is when I'm not doing laundry, my true calling.

Silverleaf

• Swan
    Swan

like Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

I love those books, Mulan. I haven't read the Fiery Cross yet, but hope to get to it soon. She is so thorough in her research. Have you read Edward Rutherford's Sarum and London? Both are very good, but I liked Sarum better. It covered the history of Salisbury and Stonehenge.

Tammy

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What do you enjoy doing with your spare time?

I like to go on pleasant strolls with You Know and kick dogs.

Farkel

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Sailing,motorcycling,sleeping,restoring old vehicles,oh yes,and chasing sexy women.

• patio34
    patio34

What a fun question! Thanks for bringing it up.

I like to read books, knit, go to the movies or rent one, spend time with grandkids, walk, swim, Jazzercise, write, OF COURSE spend time here at Simon's coffee shop!

Pat

• jozb5
    jozb5

Being that I am a mom of 3 small kids, I really don't have a lot of sparetime. But I do enjoy knitting, crochet, sewing, and reading - mostly mysteries (alot of british stuff), fantasy, and a bit of horror (my fav is Stephen King)

Josie

• LB
    LB

Well I'm old gray and in the way mostly, but I keep fairly busy for a senior citizen. I enjoy scuba diving, cycling, geocaching, coach highschool cross country and basketball, backpacking, surfing, canoeing and I hope to find something to keep me busy in the afternoons.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Let's see.......

• ride the bike
    • garden
    • needlepoint (how is that for "boring")
    • read
    • get lost in the woods....
  • larc
    larc

Now that I am retired, I thought I would supplement my income. I haven't decided between bagging groceries or robbing banks. I have an appointment with a career counselour to help me with my decision. Could you folks help me with my decision, please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit