What pisses you off about elders wives?

by bay64me 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was an elder's wife for 25 years, and yes, we gossip, and snoop, trying to find out things. My elder wife friends, were just like me too.

We were the worst. I am ashamed about that................and judgmental to the 'nth degree. Horrible.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Some people are just assholes and would be asshole where ever they were or what ever they were. Boy I wish I had a nickel for every asshole and snooty bitch I ever new.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Oh Mulan, say it isn't so, not you!!

But that's all changed now right?

Dutchie, did you have "rock star" hair too? lol!!

• gumby
    gumby

Quote:

'Elders Wives: The Chosen Ones.............

I can't stand their hoity-toity attitude towards everyone else at the Hall'.

Do you all think that that THESE wives were not (or would not be if not dubs) ,....just ordinary people? Why do they do all the things said here? Because of the way the org. is set up...thats why. Why complain about how they are. The real question is....why do they become like that?

BECAUSE AN ELDER AND HIS FAMILY BECOMES A FOCAL POINT TO ALL THE OTHERS.

Wives are looked at at different...as well as the kids, when the man becomes an elder. I feel it is a natural role that is played that the organisationl system that they are caught in.......makes them become.

Not all are that way as has been said already. If they are good people to begin with.....generally they are as nice as the next person.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My mom cleaned the houses of the other wives in the congergation for grocerie money.

There is always going to be those around even in the work place who have issues and need to take them out on a target. Its minor insecurities. Just flush the toilet and get on with life. Unless the smell is appealing of course

• Sabine
    Sabine
    My mom cleaned the houses of the other wives in the congergation for grocerie money.

My mom worked as a seamstress all week long, with a back brace on, and on the weekends the "loving" elder's wives expected her to do alterations for them for free. Oh yes, one time a sister invited her over for dinner as payment. She served her canned tuna!!!

I agree with you plmkrzy, it does stink!!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I'm the same as Lying Eyes, the wife of an elder and a young elder at that isn't always easy. I know the type of eldrettes you all mention, and they sure are plentiful out there. But I was never like that, and it could be that because I was younger them most of them.

However the pressure on an elder's wife is incredible, you can't sneeze without someone watching and writing it down or running to another person to tiddle tale on you. I HAD to walk out of a movie (G) rated because the conscience of someone else in my company was bothered by the movie, that sux, but because of the pressure of being married to one of the chosen ones, I had no choice. It was never easy, and I resented not having any freedom like ordinary publishers...my clothes, hair style, amount of make up, entertainment, child rearing, housekeeping, field service hours etc etc...it was all watched and picked at. The main problem that the society needs to consider, is that elder's wives never got a shepherding call...only wives of ministerial servants were ever given shepherding visits, whereas elders were expected to be residing over their household in an exemplary manner...which means their wives didn't need a shepherding visit because their husbands were so shit hot!! And we all know what turds elders can be, right? The years my ex was an elder were the worst years of our marriage - he ruled with an iron scepter and me? Well I had to roll over and obey.

Beck

• ugg
    ugg

i am STILL an elders wife....i have never been any of those things.....quiet,,minded my own business....worked very very hard for others in the congregation,,,,meals when people were sick,,always in
    the kitchen at wedding time....surprize presents or parties for the
    kids in the hall....no distinctions ever made...every one always
    welcome...NEVER shunned a single person ever....i would HUG a disfellow-shipped person if they came to the hall...there is NO rule against
    touch!!!! i always gave them a smile,,,i was a good person....i say was,,
    because i cannot go anymore...no way, no how....so,,,there are some of]
    us out there who were decent....no i am not offended...just stating
    some fact...

• LB
    LB

There were a couple of elders wives that I really liked. One did have this habit though of referring to her husband as "that elder husband of mine" which got under my skin, but other than that she was a sweetheart.

Of course man of them are full of themselves.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Sabine

Yeh it really does but the thing is my mom was the elders wife and the othe wives in the congregation mocked and made fun of her for being others cleaning SERVANT. Of course that was VERY EMBARRASING for my POOR dad in front of the others jock straps. BUT all anybody saw at a meeting was Kindness and thoughtfulness. The rest of the morons didnt get to come home with us and keep sharing there rolling eyes and snickering when the atmosphere changed.

She's in a wheel chair now after helping 100's upon 100's of people her entire life and being mocked, just sits in her wheel and looks at the stupid birds singing thinking of the wonderful new system in store and waiting for a letter from her kids. 40 years as other peoples servant to be MOCKED by so called brothers and sisters. Yep It stinks. I still have occasionally bumped into and old JW from the past and only imagine myself knocking there teeth out and then I smile and say nice to see ya.

Many People are ingrates

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit