What pisses you off about elders wives?

by bay64me 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

The fact that their little children COULD NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG--EVER!

their single-minded mission to always appear correct and perfect in everything they do. in public that is. in private, they show their true selves. my niece's ex was the son of an elder, and he credits his mom for most of his mental and emotional illness. the last straw was when he got disfellowshipped, and he went to her with tears streaming down his face saying "i'm sorry mom" and she said "you have never been anything to me but a colossal dissapointment" and walked away, leaving him there in that anguished state. this is why he's an anorexic closet cross-dresser now...

anyway, he got reinstated and he still lives in that house with his parents and his older brother, at 25, never been on his own, hating every day he has to get up and do it all over again, hates his mom, is angry at his dad for never defending him against her abuse, can barely function it's really sad to see such things because he is a nice young man but really a little boy - a very fearful, sad one. i met her two times she's such a phony she makes me SICK. smiles and says nice things to total strangers but treats her son like grabage. why DO these witness ladies care so much what people think of them? they need to get over their bad selves... i wonder if he'll ever leave? you know what's weird? he and my niece got to be good friends with my son (they both play guitar) and they would hang out together and they would tell him how they both felt he was so much older than them - he is 15, they are 23 and 25,. very sad... what's sadder is my sister since shunning me again has forbidden her daughter to see her cousin (my son) anymore, and it broke both their hearts because they bonded very quickly and tried to recover lifetimes lost. i almost wish my son hadn't met his cousin now, because it hurt him very deeply to have her in his life and then taken away just like that. he doesn't really understand but he thinks the witnesses are jacked and wants her to get out but she's even deeper in their clutches now that she's engaged to a good witness boy again (a nice change from all those worldy men she was dating.)

• animal
    animal

Lets see..... I can only remember one elders wife.... what a bitch. She let her husband slap her kid around, and he wasnt even the kids real father. One time, she even stood by while he beat the kid unconscious. Her husband used to take thier kid in the back room and bounce him off the walls, once hitting his head so hard that the kid fell, almost knocked out.

This same elders wife lied all the time, to make a story fit to her own needs. So many times I watched her do this, manipulating situations while fuckin other people over. She was a master, and knew how to manuver people around so no one would catch her in her lies.

This elders wife once told her kid that she had wished abortion was legal when he was born. She would always call her loving elder husband whenever the kid acted up, and he would rush home and throw the kid around the room. It was amazing.

This elders wife, with her husband, once told this kid that if he didnt like it there, he could just leave. Next morning, he did.... left with the clothes on his back. He ended up living with a colony of bikers for a while, and that started a long trend, and lifestyle. He ended up in prison at 16, but survived.

I know all this info about this bitch elders wife very well, like I lived it.....

Wait... I did live it. It was my mother.

Animal

• jack2
    jack2

ugg, I really like that idea....hugging df'd persons! you're right - no prohibition against that....though I get the feeling that one day someone is going to object.

My wife sacrificed tremendously so that I could serve, and without her efforts, nothing would have been possible on my part. But I feel bad for her and the wives of other elders - they do make great sacrifices that often go unappreciated.

Generally, the wives of elders whom I know are quite nice, and some are very down-to-earth. You can tell that they don't generally flaunt being elder's wives and in fact it was (when I served) revealing to hear how they struggle with it.

Also, I have always felt strongly that the WTS is insensitive to the feelings of many elder's wives. Elders are expected to do so much, and I think this creates a big strain on marriage and family life that goes almost totally unaddressed.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Jack, hugging would be considered a greeting therefore a Dubs in good standing would be contaminated if they hugged a DF'd person.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Her husband used to take thier kid in the back room and bounce him off the walls, once hitting his head so hard that the kid fell, almost knocked out.

Not only is she and her husband a creep, so are all of those that sat in the KH and listened to that happening and DID NOTHING!

SHAME ON THEM!

Andee

• waiting
    waiting

Wow.......some deep opinions on women who are elder's wives. But they're still individuals, ya know. To lump them all together is like lumping all xjw's all together. We are individuals - so are they.

I really didn't know any lousy elder's wives. Didn't like some - nearly adored a couple of them. Most were just people, like me. Did some gossip? Sure.....I just wished sometimes I knew what they were talking about as I was always taking care of my kids it seems.

I DO remember being irritated when I'd have to wait around for 2 friggin' hours after the assembly waiting for my elder father in law to get out of his "brief" elders meeting. I wasn't used to it - and the other elders wives just smiled and shrugged saying "waiting after meetings becomes a way of life."

Btw, I was never an elder's wife, ministerial servant's wife, pioneer's wife, etc. And yes, SOME elder's wives made a point of showing their surprise when they learned of this, like what was wrong with my husband? But, thankfully, not all reacted that way.

Did the sisters talk about me & my "ways'? Yeah, but, what the hell, my "ways" weren't going to change and I didn't care. Btw, worldly women talk, gossip, too. So do men.

waiting

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Wow.......some deep opinions on women who are elder's wives. But they're still individuals, ya know. To lump them all together is like lumping all xjw's all together.

Standing ovation for waiting clapping loudly

• ugg
    ugg

ANIMAL------HUGS FOR YOU.....OH MY

ps.....i hugged disfellowshipped MANY MANY TIMES....nothing ever said

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Nothing. I respect and love ALL women..Really!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

• BEING NOSY ABOUT BUSINESS THAT DID NOT CONCERN THEM.

• FEELING BECAUSE THEY WERE AN ELDER'S WIFE (IN HINDSIGHT, AS IF ELDERS HAVE ANY REAL AUTHORITY ANYWAY) THEY HAD THE AUTHORITY TO CRITICIZE YOU.

• THE OBVIOUS GOSSIP ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE THAT DEMONSTRATED THE CONVERSATIONS THAT TOOK PLACE BETWEEN AN ELDER AND SOMEONE ELSE WERE NOT AS CONFIDENTIAL AS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE.

ELDER'S WIVES GOT ON MY NERVES! I AVOIDED THEM IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit