What pisses you off about elders wives?

by bay64me 43 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

The elders wife that really pisses me off, is the one that would boastfully announce that jehovah had provided her husband with a part-time teaching job, emphasising that his employment was "on the line" each year....but thanks to jehovah,(in other words) we are so fucking loyal and do many hours in field service and things that nobody could possibly know about ( but i'm letting you know indirectly) so my husband has an income to assist us in our pioneer service!

What pisses you off about elders wives?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The fact that they don't put out when I give 'em a crack on the ass!!!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

LMAO/elsewhere

• Rado Vleugel
  • joannadandy
    joannadandy

LOL else!!

The fact that their little children COULD NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG--EVER! (that goes for any parent who thinks that, but elders wives seemed especially good at it)

Oh yes and how they just happen to know all the business going on in the halls, and they just mention enough for you to get the gist of a story (which is worse because people can fill in the blanks with whatever they choose because they only have a tainted half picture)and then say "but I am not supposed to talk about that"

• simplesally
    simplesally

Wives who only let their children associate with the children of other elders or when they have teens and young adults, they only invite pioneers to their parties (even when their own children are not pioneering!!).

Wives who act like elderettes.

Wives who know all the goings on at the elders meetings.

Wives who brag about their sacrifice to pioneer, although they could never get a real job anyway, since they only qualify to flip burgers.

Wives who refuse to talk to others in the congregation.

• Sabine
    Sabine

In my experience, where were two types:

The jealous ones that hated anyone attractive and thin. I had elders talk to me about being too thin and about my hairdo drawing too much attention to myself. I actually wore my hair in a bun for years...how stupid am I?! Big coincidence that these elders had fat, homely wives.

And the ones that were always fishing for information they could repeat to their husbands. Don't even get me started on this one.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

What pisses me off about Elders wives is their husbands.

• Mum
    Mum

BEING an elder's wife, the worst!

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

No offense to you Mum, the elders wives were so smug. They tended to have their own exclusive clique. One of the elders wives never came to a meeting, okay maybe once a month. That was okay though.

Now I like jewelry too, but we had an elders wife that wore so much, you could comb your hair in the reflection. She was giving Mr. T a run for his money. Gawdy even by the so called "worlds" standards.

witchywoman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit