Who Here Believes in God?

by The_Bad_Seed 69 Replies latest jw friends

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I believe in God and I believe that Jesus is God.

Lizard

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    ashitaka No. I believe in the power of a delicious steak, though.

mmmm....steak...

• Liberty
    Liberty

Not me. I've spent a lifetime looking for any evidence that God is real and ,to my shock and horror ,have only found mounds of evidence to the contrary. Through years of study, the Bible has proven itself to be a contradictory and illogical joke, if this is God's true inspired word then God is insane and unworthy of our respect let alone worship and obediance. It is obvious to me now that religions and gods are all man made. Despite all our wishes for a big sky daddy to take care of us and who understands how "important" we are, objective evidence clearly and consistantly proves it is all superstitious nonsense.

Our only consolation is that the Universe is neutral tword us. It niether hinders nor helps us. I now sleep better knowing that I am not at the heart of a Universal struggle between Good and Evil (Jehovah and Satan). My ego has been deflated but the relief I feel is well worth it. I am too small and weak to shoulder such a responsability. Depite what religionists say, Atheism is the humbler path. I am not made more powerful by my association with an imaginary Superman (God) so I must fend for my self and accept my talents and limitations as all my own.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Do you believe in God? Its an intriguing question but perhaps the wrong question. Without some reliable context or basis to define what God is, the question is somewhat meaningless. Roughly equivalent to: Do you believe it _ _ _ ? (Fill in any three letters).

If by your question you mean do I believe in the God of the Bible my answer would have to be no. That God is the invention of the ancient Hebrews and a compilation of various ancient tribal entities. As for my personal belief, I am a Fideist and also consider myself a liberal Christian.

Lee

• Xander
    Xander

" "

(My thoughts - does this mean I win?)

• onacruse
    onacruse

I do believe that Xander may be the gold medalist!

With that kind of ambivalent answer, I have to suspect that you have been interrogated by several judicial committees.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I'm a non-believer, an athiest, a turd on the highway of mortality. God is a convenience for people who need help for problems that cannot be solved. I'm not against people that need God or believe in God. Some religion is useful for teaching moral lessons and some religion is dangerous, like most of Islam and Jehovah's Witnesses.

We are all more or less irrelevant. There have been many contributors over time who's actions have made our lives more comfortable, at least in the civilized world, but even they are a speck on a gnats ass. Enjoy every day and treat it as if it were your last, because it very well could be. A well to do man in my neighborhood went to Scotland with his son to play golf last week. He was in his late 50's to early 60's. While approaching the T box he stumbled and fell hitting his head against a concrete bench. He died instantly. I know it's not a unique occurance, but it had an impact on me, because it reminds me of how unpredictable our lives can be. Death and golf don't usually go hand in hand.

• Faraon
    Faraon

I neither believe that there is a god nor that there is not a god, but the opposite.

Thank god I am an atheist.

Actually, I don't know. You can neither prove or disprove that there is a god/s/dess/desses. So I consider myself an Agnostic

I am with SYN in most of what he says.

I most definitely do not believe in the brutal God depicted in the Old Testament, although some of the things Jesus is purported to have said do make quite a lot of sense, e.g. love your neighbour is something sadly lacking in our world, and has always been lacking.

The bible is at its best only a collection of mythical fables. At its wost, it is the most dangerous book in human history. It has caused more bondage, deaths, ignorance, mental anguish, and innumerable maladies than any book on Earth. I know for a fact that the god of the bible cannot exist.

If there is/are (a) true god/s/dess/desses I would expect them to have direct contact with me, or at least through some logical book. Not one that says on the one hand he does not need anything, but on the other requires blood, temples, labor, money, and power.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I have looked at the Atheistic side of the question, but I still believe in God.

• Liberated
    Liberated

Yes, Libby believes in God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit