WHICH MEETING WAS THE MOST BORING?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Minimus-

That was MY family that was up there every month! It wasn't because my family was so great but because we were the only "traditional" family with an elder dad, pioneer wife and 2 kids (boy and girl). The rest of our congregation was either single parent moms or 80 year old couples. God this reminiscing is bringing back some bad memories. . ugh!

• LB
    LB

Most boring was public talks depending on the speaker. There were some interesting speakers and some that put you to sleep.

But, I ended up hating book study the most. I went to too many that required you to take off your shoes yet the damn dog would be running around pissing all over the place. Eventually I refused to go to any book study unless it was at the hall. At least there dogs weren't welcomed and you could keep your shoes on.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

My family was on those parts too and I hated them. The 5 of us would have to sit up there talking about the family study we never had. My dad would try to get us to do a family study couple of weeks after the part because he felt bad for lying but no one wanted another meeting during the week.

• Swan
    Swan

I vote for the keynote address at D'strict Convention. (Even Ebert and Roper give it 5 yawns!)

• professor
    professor

Definately the Watctower study! First of all, we had to take an hour at home to study as a family so we would know the answers on Sunday. Then after the Public Talk, the Watchtower study was so damn long, especially when you realized that after song and prayer the Sunday meeting was actually and 2 and a HALF hours long, not just 2. Plus there was no relief in sight because we'd just have to have another meeting after that so that we could spend another couple of hours out in Sunday Field Service (which all good little elders' sons were required to participate in, unless we were taking the speaker out to lunch). The only hope was to end up in the same car group with someone relatively cool.

Not to mention that the Watchtower studies were just plain uninteresting to say the least. All those types and anti-types and modern-day fulfillments and me thinking "Who comes up with this crap?"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The review of the District Convention "highlights" in the Service Meeting.

Cheers, Ozzie

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

The Watchtower Study, no doubt!

• zev
    zev

all of them, especially the tms, on a night i HAD to give a talk.

i dreaded it!

i always got lots of sleep. ask anyone there, i was well known for it

• sleepy
    sleepy

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,oh sorry

The watchtower was so boring I still feel sleepyZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• JanH
    JanH

No doubt the Watchtower study. It was so boring I volunteered to read.

- Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit