WHICH MEETING WAS THE MOST BORING?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Noted Oz, with apologies.. actually I dreaded the whole of it, not just the convention post-mortems. Funky Derek's got me rethinking my selection, however, as he reminds us of the interminable TMS Written Reviews!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ok Sunday never failed to annoy me. LONG LONG LONG. Boring brother who was a short bus rider for sure! And you know the hall he came from sent him out cuz no one in their hall wanted to listen to him. Then the watchtower study, never studied for it. And I got to hear everyone rehash what was just read WORD FOR WORD from the paragraph...YAWN!

Can I just add, my all time favorite meeting--written review night! Ahhh yeah! Oh the silence, and unstructured time to dork around! Not to mention all the great answers I got to make up on my own (never studied for that either, and since my listening skills always *ahem* faded during the regular parts, my memory had a swiss cheese feel to it). Made for some great answers tho. My dad and I would always compare our best answers. He usually was more creative than myself. Ahhh and the freedom of correcting your own work, I always got 100%--I RULE!!

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

The written review. I always hope that there a new magazines that night, so I can read them, while the others are trying to act like they are answering the 35 questions.

The local needs, when the elder is giving an illustration that last for more than 10'.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Unquestionably the service meeting.

I wasnt interested in preaching. The Ministry school was good for a giggle occasionally when some glub lost his train of thought, or the microphone arm on the stand bent like a wilted flower mid way thru the sisters talk.

• joenobody
    joenobody

I have to second the motion on the Service Meeting. I hated those "local needs" parts where they were coming down heavy on something that happened. You could connect the dots and figure out what had gone on re: wrongdoing. I remember feeling guilty about stuff that I hadn't even done as they came down so hard in trying to make people crack. It made me ill to my stomach.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Service Meeting, and those incredibly boring panel discussions, and the unrealistic demos. Unbelievably dull.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I hated ALL of it except the sunday talk if there was a GOOD speaker that made it interesting.

Thats it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No doubt the service meeting. Especially those panel discussions with the canned speech. Even worse was when we had to go paragraph by paragraph over some KM article and the speaker would be talking in a montone voice droning on and on and on and on. I'd rather have my teeth drilled.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Bookstudy. Especially when we started the revelation book for what seemed like the 5th time. It was a small group too, so you couldn't doze off or daydream or hang out in the back.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

All oif them were terrible but the one I could hardly stand was the Watchtower Study.... I was always missing a football game! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit