WHICH MEETING WAS THE MOST BORING?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The more meetings you go to the more drivel you hear. Elder's meetings were terrible because all you ever did was gossip about how everyone wasn't doing this or that. Meetings for field service sucked.....enough said on that. The 5 congregation meetings became so repetitious that studying for them was unnecessary.......Was there any meeting that you really couldn't take or did you hate them all?

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

All of them!

• jgnat
    jgnat

The most boring TOPIC I ever heard was, how to make study more lively and instructive.

• Read the headings first. This will give you insight on the next topic coming up
    • Read the questions, and think hard about what your answer would be
    • Use your marker to underline the answer
    • Look at the pictures

Just to remind me that supreme boredom was my fault!

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

All of them. But I would have to say the Coventions and Assemblies were the worst due to sheer length.

When I was teenager I would do anything to get out of going to a meeting. One time my mother came home and said you missed a good one honey. I replied what was it about, Paradise, Jesus, Be sure to go in field service on Saturday and here are some examples on how to place the magazines. She got mad at me and didn't speak to me the rest of the evening. I think she was mad because I was right. Come to think of it she never did tell what happend at that meeting.

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

In the begining I liked the bookstudy because it was so informal and you could get to know some of the brothers personaly. Eventually that changed, for one nobody in our area wanted the bookstudy in their home. (not even the elder in our area) So it ended up being in our home.

And oh, one of the brothers in our bookstudy was trying to get to know me a little more personaly when my husband was not home. When I forced my ex to make him stop coming around like that,. well all hell broke loose. My ex asked me why did I ever have to make such a big deal about it. Yeah, how terrible of me.

witchywoman

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The hardest to attend was the Sunday meeting, going to those hung over was torture, but the most boring was the "theocratic ministry school". Uck!

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 1 August 2002 23:53:24

• 67mustang
    67mustang

The most boring meeting by far was the Watchtower, I always wanted to ask a question during one of those meetings to liven it up a bit, but never followed through with it. On a slightly different note, when people would underline or highlite 95% of the text. Why not just underline 5% of the text you don't want.

• bay64me
    bay64me

I'm tempted to say that I hated those awful-set-up-family-discussion-things that were to be found in the kingdom ministry, where generally, there was an elder, his wife and the kids who just did not want to be up there on the platform.

These totally unrealistic, allegedly true-to-life discusions used to make me sick, but secretly I would enjoy watching elders son sqirm when Mrs elder would say something like "how can we be less distracted and make our family study night more interesting" and the son had to read out something like...."by getting our priorities straight.........and mabydoing some research beforehand ............and making the bible characters really live!............... and dressing up in long garments with tea-towels on our heads.etc, etc........

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Most boring has to be Written Review night at the service meeting with a clock right in front of you. God time would actually go backwards I think.

Will

• minimus
    minimus

I hated those real life family parts too. I always got a kick out of how the same families were on the platform every month. They couldn't find anybody that was ever "qualified" to fufil the part....not too many exemplary families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit