Why do so many people believe that jesus is god?

by Legendary U.2.K. 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

You need this LittleToe http://www.epil-stop.com/

Just trying to help.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

2 more cents

It has always been very clear TO ME, just me, Im not speaking for anyone but myself, that a lot of confusion comes from attempting to PUT God in his place.

Like LittleToe said. Let God out of the box.

Thats what people here on earth have been consistently and tirelessly trying to do for centuries. Put God in a box, one that fits existence, as People know it. Playing with words like there is some deep secret between or behind the lines that need a code-talker.

There is more out there then US on this tiny one moon planet. But for some reason people continue to place Gods existence on earth.

There is a whole lot more out there that could and probably (obviously for some) fall under the definition of something that needs a Lord to manage it.

*Note how Christ "gives" the Kingdom to the Father. Note additionally how the Son will only be MADE "subject" to the Father when this happens. What is Christ's relative position to the Father before subjection? Equal. Otherwise there would be no "subjection".

Now if the earth and heavens as we know and understand them along with Abraham et@l (and most folks are aware that it is NOT) were the only things that God has to put up with then some of the scriptures that some folks interpret to mean God and Christ are ONE in a literal sense might make more sense.

People that choose the Trinity, IMO, are not yet able to separate Gods existence from the human experience.

Why is the sky blue? Just like little kids.

But the sky really isnt blue it just appears to be blue. Why?

If it doesnt make sense to our inadequate minds then it cant be. Why? Because we are Lord humans and require absolute proof with references from God. If he cannot tell me exactly who he is in a way that is absolutely clear to ME then Ill just put him in his place.

"Humble Pie" has to be eaten first.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Mankind has yet to fully understand the Alpha and the Omega.

They still want to find out what Britney Spears will do about the middle finga.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nice to see that you are contributing to healthy debate, Bleep.

Plm:

IMHO omniscience and omnipotence kinda cover the bases of the Trinitarian question in my mind, helping to explain the ability for multitudes to pray simultaneously. Would you mind expanding on your comment below? I'm interested in understanding what you mean:

Now if the earth and heavens as we know and understand them along with Abraham et@l (and most folks are aware that it is NOT) were the only things that God has to put up with then some of the scriptures that some folks interpret to mean God and Christ are ONE in a literal sense might make more sense.

People that choose the Trinity, IMO, are not yet able to separate Gods existence from the human experience.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    LittleToe
    Would you mind expanding on your comment below?

I have to go do a job right now I should be back in a few hours then I can take some time to focus a little better.

I'll give it a shot though

• siegswife
    siegswife

My personal feelings about this is that both the trinitarians and the jdubs have it wrong.

I think that for several reasons, but the main one is because I think they don't have an accurate understanding of what the 'Word' is. I believe that the 'Word' spoken of in John 1:1 is the Word that God created to say "I AM".

This means that Jesus/the Word is God because that Word reflects what God Is, but yet He's created, and in subjection.

Most people think that the Word of God is the bible, so they can't see how He can be created and be God, or be God and still be created.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Jesus, Jesus Jesus....holy potsmoker!!!

Jesus already came back as the lizard king!!!

• siegswife
    siegswife

Jim Morrison was never my bag, man. LOL

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

SW,

Jim was the new messiah.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    My personal feelings about this is that both the trinitarians and the jdubs have it wrong.

Me too.

Main stream Trinitarian Christianity = 3

J-dubs Judeo Mono-theism = 1

pomegranate = 2

That's what I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit