JAH REASONS WITH DICTATORS OF SODOM

by You Know 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

YK......"He can't tolerate any sort of wickedness among those who bear his name."

So your saying......No sinners allowed? How much sin is allowable?

Actually...............None! I thought that was what the bibles....RANSOM was supposed to cover..............all sin excepted. Or did I miss something when I disected what it said? If the dubs are doomed...............so are we.

There is good in us all.

The GB are dirty Bastards

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You Knows words are worthless.Check out his thread lets make a little wager.There he makes a bet with the board,loses,Then lies on another thread about how he won the bet.A welcher and a liar,not much of a representative of god.This is the best WBTS can do?No wonder WBTS is going down the toilet,they have no one who speaks the truth...OUTLAW

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi YouKnow,

Let me see if I understand you. The nation of Israel with the Pharisees leading them was considered to be false and unacceptable to Jah right up until the time that they rejected Jesus as the Messiah. Consequently the nation came to ruin and was made desolate in about 70 CE.

OK, then: disaproved nation of Israel =Sodom=Governing Body and their corrupt leadership

Now,

did not Jesus say, "When you see the disgusting thing that causes desolation...let those in Judea begin fleeing..." So true Christians, in order to preserve their life had to get out and leave the city.

Fast forward to our day, those of us who have left the WTS (the recruiting of members, currupt policies, etc.) are we not in effect doing what Jesus commanded?

Because they do not want to be "sharer in the sins" of the Sociey, many have chosen to DA themselves. They have faith that God will find them approved because they took no part in the wrongdoings and criminally negligent policies of the Society. Those who knowingly stay would actually be lacking faith that upon leaving they are still approved by God.

My question is: Do you, Bobby have faith in Jehovah , that you will be approved by God if you stand up for what is right and join Joe and Barbara Anderson and others?

Do you trust that, should God's judgement come tomorrow, YOU will be approved for blessings and the Governing Body will not?

YoursChelbie

• You Know
    You Know

Hi YouKnow

Hi Chelbie

Let me see if I understand you. The nation of Israel with the Pharisees leading them was considered to be false and unacceptable to Jah right up until the time that they rejected Jesus as the Messiah. Consequently the nation came to ruin and was made desolate in about 70 CE.

So far, so good.

OK, then: disaproved nation of Israel =Sodom=Governing Body and their corrupt leadership

BZZZZZ. Wrong. You missed the point. Those "dictators of Sodom" that Jehovah addressed himself to were apparently quite redeemable. That's why God was most desirous of setting things straight between him and his astranged people. In the case of the pharisees they had no basis for claiming any sort of relationship with God. As Jesus said, they "seated THEMSELVES in the seat of Moses." There was no provision in the Mosaic Law for a class of self-exalted pharisees. Jehovah gave the authority to teach the people to the priests. But, anyway, go on.

did not Jesus say, "When you see the disgusting thing that causes desolation...let those in Judea begin fleeing..." So true Christians, in order to preserve their life had to get out and leave the city.

Yes, that's right, that's what Jesus said. Absolutely.

Fast forward to our day, those of us who have left the WTS (the recruiting of members, currupt policies, etc.) are we not in effect doing what Jesus commanded?

How so? Jesus said that his anointed followers would know when to flee based upon their ability to discern the disgusting thing as revealed in the vision of Daniel. What exactly to you imagine the disgusting thing is that is standing in the holy place?

Because they do not want to be "sharer in the sins" of the Sociey, many have chosen to DA themselves. They have faith that God will find them approved because they took no part in the wrongdoings and criminally negligent policies of the Society. Those who knowingly stay would actually be lacking faith that upon leaving they are still approved by God.

That's false reasoning. When the disgusting thing stands where it ought not we will be in the thick of a whole world of mess.

My question is: Do you, Bobby have faith in Jehovah , that you will be approved by God if you stand up for what is right and join Joe and Barbara Anderson and others?

No / You Know

Edited by - You Know on 24 July 2002 21:5:43

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Thanks for your reply,

Why did you disagree with me when I was quoting you?

No doubt the Jewish leaders of Israel took great offense at Isaiah's proclamation likening them to the notorious Sodomites, just as Watchtower officials today would never consent to these words applying to them.

But anyway, just a few more questions if you don't mind. What is your view on this:

• Does the fact that Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson, her husband and others have taken a stand for the cause of Silentlambs and as a result been ousted from the WTS mean that they will not be spared during Armageddon?

• Individuals from the nation of israel who accepted Jesus were spared the calamity of 70 CE, So did the individuals who left Sodom(Lot and his daughters) So would not that mean that if you were to decide to DA yourself on the basis of all the corruption that you see, you will be spared as well?

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 24 July 2002 21:38:1

• Bang
    Bang

So is there a comparison there?

"I will not destroy it for the sake of ten."

Bang

• You Know
    You Know

Chelbie

Why did you disagree with me when I was quoting you?

You didn't quote me. You attached your own spin on things, which is fine, but don't say that you were quoting me because you weren't.

Does the fact that Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson, her husband and others have taken a stand for the cause of Silentlambs and as a result been ousted from the WTS mean that they will not be spared during Armageddon?

No, not necessarily. The judgment of each individual will be determined by how they respond during the holocaust, for lack of a better term to signify what we are facing. The irony is that those very "dictators of Sodom" that Jehovah confronts at the beginning of Isaiah are some of the very same individuals whom Jehovah later describes as "big trees of righteousness" at Isaiah 61:3. Didn't Jesus say that the judgment of the sheep and goats will be determined by how they treat his brothers during their hardship? Well, Isaiah 61:3 refers to those who are mourning over Zion. That means that rather than forsaking Jehovah's organization altogether Jehovah ultimately rewards those who endure his discipline and loyally stick with those who introduced us to Jehovah in the first place. As they say in Dixie, 'you gotta dance with the one that brung ya.' That's how it's going to go down, I think.

So, while it will be difficult for those who have stumbled to regain their footing, once it is evident to them that Jehovah has intervened to set things straight, as in the case of the "dictators of Sodom," then, if they truely love Jehovah, they will find reason to support Christ's chastened brothers.

Individuals from the nation of israel who accepted Jesus were spared the calamity of 70 CE, So did the individuals who left Sodom(Lot and his daughters) So would not that mean that if you were to decide to DA yourself on the basis of all the corruption that you see, you will be spared as well?

No / You Know

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    No doubt the Jewish leaders of Israel took great offense at Isaiah's proclamation likening them to the notorious Sodomites, just as Watchtower officials today would never consent to these words applying to them.

I am specifically refering to the your quote above. It is essentially what I said:

"Disapproved nation of Israel [Jewish leaders] =Sodom [Sodomites] =Governing body and their corrupt leadership["watchtower officials]

Are you now saying that the:

"Jewish leaders of Israel"are not like "the notorious Sodomites"are not like "Watchtower Officials"??

Please note that Individuals and not an organization were delivered from each of these groups:

"Jewish leaders of Israel" and

"the notorious Sodomites"

If we are to follow your analogy,

then that would mean individuals of the "Watchtower officials" would also be delivered from destruction.

If you don't agree then perhaps the analogy, which I quoted word for word in the text box above, needs to be retracted.

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 25 July 2002 4:17:46

• You Know
    You Know

BLUE SAPHIRE says

Everything You Know says here can be equally applied to the Catholic Church. There is no reason that it should be applied to a man-made organization that came on the scene 1900 years after Christ established his congregation.

Ironically the Watchtower applies most of Jehovah's rebuke to Christendom and the Catholic church also, but in so doing they inadvertantly deny that Jehovah is their God, in that the purpose of God's rebuke and counsel is to restore a good relation with himself, as it says, "let us set things straight between us." But, the truth is that Christendom has no basis for claiming any sort of relationship with God, but we do. Admittedly, my interpretation is rather revolutionary from the standpoint of Jehovah's Witnesses, but in light of the immorality and injustice related to the covering over of child abuse in our organization, the prophecy of Isaiah certainly sanctifies Jehovah in that it reveals his own disgust and outrage over how his spiritual nation has allowed themselves to become corrupt and has failed to protect the orphans and widows from predators.

One amusing observation: The hypocrisy of my apostate opponents is evident in that apostates claim to be the only ones to be able to think for themselves, and that all of Jehovah's Witnesses have been brainwashed by the Watchtower Society. And, yet, when presented with a well-thought out scriptural explanation that deals with their accusation against us, and yet is not what the Watchtower teaches, the retort is--- 'The Watchtower doesn't say that.YK is an apostate.' LOL

/ You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

You Know,

The hypocrisy of my apostate opponents is evident in that apostates claim to be the only ones to be able to think for themselves, and that all of Jehovah's Witnesses have been brainwashed by the Watchtower Society. And, yet, when presented with a well-thought out scriptural explanation that deals with their accusation against us, and yet is not what the Watchtower teaches, the retort is--- 'The Watchtower doesn't say that.YK is an apostate.' LOL

I am sure that you can manage to be a little understanding toward these people, bearing in mind that many on this Board have been disfellowshipped and labelled as apostates ( including by yourself ) for believing far less 'revolutionary' thoughts than you expressed here on this thread.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit