caspian

Dino

Thanks

I have always enjoyed your posts

Cas

• TheStar
    TheStar

Caspian,

Welcome to the board. From my own experience in trying to leave the borg and doing all the wrong things with my husband, the best advice I can offer you is to not let your family know you are having doubts, especially strong doubts. Once you do, they will build up a wall and will not listen to you at all. I recommend instead doing what Amazing did, planting seeds of doubt in them for a while, when you see those seeds taking strong root, then you can think about telling them how you feel. You will know when the time is right.

When I realized the Org. was bogus I found it really difficult to pretend like it was anything else but the bull that it is. I could not hold it in and I had to tell my husband because I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't. That was the worst move I ever made. I now suffer the consequences for it.

If you want to see your family get out, be patient and slowly, subtley and gently work at getting them out. You're in a tough situation being an elder. It was difficult enough for me just being a publisher, I can't imagine how much more difficult your situation is. Hang in there.

I wish you the best for your whole family. Hope to see you around here often.

Hugs,

Star

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

A BIG WELCOME CAS I truly hope you find what you are looking for, as some say take it slow, I am sure you will have some ups and downs along the way. When it comes to family in a situation like this, it can be very heartwrenching. All the best to you, and I hope you find the happiness you are looking for. I have been out of org. for awhile, but went through many trials along the way, basically I have found peace of mind, and will never again return to org.

• musky
    musky

Welcome caspian. I was never an elder. I am 36. Was raised a witness. Started doubting at 21. Have not attended meetings in a long time. It takes a lot of courage to stand out from the rest of your family. Hopefully, your family will understand when you decide to tell them of your concerns about the watchtower. Maybe they too have doubts and are just not saying anything. Once again, welcome. musky

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hello Caspian;i'm in England too-i'm glad you feel you want to post now.

I hope you find many answers to alot of questions here; and help us find some too.You've received alot of good advice on fading slowly and building up a network of alternative friends and interests;I'll just add that there are alot of unhappy elders' wives and witnesses in general out there and your slow revealing of information may not necessarily fall on deaf ears...

Look after yourself X

• thewiz
    thewiz

hey caspian

watch who your friends are

i have read Ray Franz's books (all of crisis and part of in search of) and found them insightful; however, i feel they/he are/is also duplicitous, and more of a catharsis and a CYOA than anything else. don't get me wrong, they are useful, but you do have to remember where he is coming from. he's pointing the finger at everybody else and sharing very little of the blame.

read the Orwellian world of Jehovah's Witnesses.

but if you really want a book or video that will open your eyes and has no bias whatsoever and was not specifically written for or against the WTB&TS please, please, please, read and watch Animal Farm by George Orwell. In all truthfulness, Animal Farm is the scariest book and recently there was a made for TV of Animal Farm, not sure if it is available to you in the UK. It is completely unbiased.

also George Orwell's book 1984 - it gets more complicated than Animal Farm but it is revealing.

• ISP
    ISP

Caspian.......greetings from the Rainy City! (Manchester!)

What particularly worried you or got you thinking?

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Caspian,Greetings from the Great White North.Welcome to the board...OUTLAW

• jack2
    jack2

Welcome Caspian,

I too served as an elder for several years and lurked here for a while before posting.

Over time, it will be interesting to read about the concerns that you have. I look forward to your posts.

• caspian
    caspian

I am so pleased that I broke my duck and posted.

It has been very encouraging reading all of the positive comments you have all made, I look forward to sharing my experiences and worries over the coming weeks.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit