Child Molestation

by Friend 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hi Friend:

Did the good state of Canada accept the return you linked to as valid and in accordance with its laws? If so, then, according to that state’s requirements for a registered charity the Society met it. But Tina seems to think that the Society is register somewhere as a charitable organization where they are not meeting whatever that registration means. Do you know of such an instance?

The good state of Canada accepted the return as valid, as evidenced by the stamp upon the return.

This does not actually mean that the WT meets the state's requirements for a registered charity. It merely means that the information the WT has put on it's application and returns meets those requirements. To my knowledge (and I work in this field), the WT has never been subject to revenue services audit in Canada. Therefore, the Canadian Revenue services have taken on trust the information given them. Splitting hairs, I know.

I'll not second guess what Tina thinks. If I get it wrong she'll kick my ass!

I do not know of any instance where the society has been found not to meet charity registration requirements. Neither my last post nor this one imply that I do. My opinion however, is that the society again is complying with the bare minimum required by the letter of the law, but is violating the spirit of the law. Just my opinion.

Expatbrit.

• TR
    TR

Friend,

Do you hope someday that the WTS will change their attitude about being God's only channel? It still dumbfounds me why you would put effort into saving this false religious system, knowing what you do about the Society. Their "claim to fame" is being "spirit directed" by Jehovah. Do you honestly think they will change that view, or does it even matter to you?

You know, do you not, that each and every JW is being taken for a ride by the WTS. A Society that claims special privledge from God, when it has none. It's like you're saying, it's OK, we'll make things better in this religion that is false. Or, It's OK to be a JW, even though our leaders are known to teach falsehoods and proven to be deceptive. Why in the HELL would you NOT encourage someone to leave?

TR- confused about Friends continued support of the WTS

• Tina
    Tina

Hi expat
    lol now I'm nice I don't do that lol...Actually it seems that happened in India recently,where they didn't meet govt requirements as a charity,thus losing their license,,,the article is on Randys site,,,about India Bethel...Cheers,Tina

• ICHING
    ICHING

• Friend
    Friend

Focus

Definition [of performing Watchtower works]: Whatever that you do - in whatever capacity, and with whatever intention - that makes it, in the opinion of the informed, reasonable, unbiased onlooker, more likely that the net effect shall be (a) that someone wavering in the truth will stick on, or (b) that someone not in the truth will be assimilated , or (c) an increase (however deferred) in the net worth of the Society.

If my actions of speaking up for what it true (including exposés on Watchtower or its detractors’ error) affect people then the net effect should be for the better. To assert otherwise is nonsensical. That I remain in association with Jehovah’s Witnesses does not convict me of wrongdoing any more so than the actions of a French Policeman in WWII that remained as such but as a partisan in the French underground. The same can be said for German citizens who actively resisted Hitler’s schemes in Nazi Germany. In both case there were good and fine people who, despite concealing their partisan efforts from public view, put aside personal considerations of safety in order to best serve the interests of truth and good. That you would convict me for acting accordingly puts you in the camp of people who hunted down and killed operatives in the French resistance.

For your negative assertions of me to prove valid you must demonstrate that my acts are to defend or assert a lie. So far you have not evidenced that. Even your diatribes about my participation on your beloved thread about pedophiles do not serve as that evidence because our basic views are about the same. The only detail of contention was just that—a detail. And, I might point out, a detail that hardly makes a difference to the novice reader or casual observer. My comments about that detail served only to strengthen your complaints should they be used in the face of Watchtower apologists.

Your accusations against me are empty.

Friend

• Focus
    Focus

ICHING wrote after some hilarious parody of the Friend-style (kill apostates by boredom):

37 EXT. DRAFFENVILLE - SUBURBAN STREET/SIDEWALK - SAME
    Brother Friend makes his way down the front footpath of the house.
    INSERT - CLOSE ON - the snapping rabid fangs of a demon possesed pitbull terrier.

I knew I was going to enter your story at some point!

By the way, Friend is safe as his Spiritual Mother conclusively proved back in 1923 (Golden Age of Jan 3, p214) that rabies did not exist and was a mental hoax and swindle invented by big business and a stupid or corrupt medical world.

--
    Focus
    (Administering rough justice as Head shaped like a pug dog Class)

• ICHING
    ICHING

Hi Focus -

RE: the Dog - yes!

RE: Pathetic Loser Post: I ain't too proud to beg - DON’T LEAVE THE BOARD - having to deal with such a wishy washy neither here nor there brownose braindead fascist GB wannabe clone like F iend is enough to drive anyone balmy.

It's vital that you're immense talent, so obvious in your writings continues to be posted here.

Re: the film - I could've written better descriptions but time was pressing. I'm also imagining a sci fi
    - it's the year 2001 - a sinister force known as EVIL Inc has taken over the minds of 6000000+ of earths inhabitants - etc.

Another scene from - EVIL INC.

INT. PLUSH BOARDROOM - EVIL Inc. - DAY

12 old men (the EVIL Inc. board of fascists) in wheelchairs sit at a long table - all are hooked to some elaborate form of life support system or another - each has a copy of a newspaper - The Draffenville Chronicle placed on the table before them.

CLOSE ON - FRONTPAGE HEADLINE - DRAFFENVILLE CHRONICLE -

Ex- JW Blows Lid on Pedophile Protection Racket Within Church.

WIDE - at the head of the table - a withered white prune of a man - his wheelchair a cross between an iron lung and a cryogenic capsule - obviously THE PRESIDENT of EVIL Inc. - begins to speak through the tube in his throat.

CLOSE ON - the tube.

EVIL Inc. President Voice Over

(voice sounds like he's gargling razor blades)

Do any of you morons realize the impact this is going to have on magazine sales for the next six months?

And so on - more & better drafts when I have time.

ICHING

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Let me interject a couple of thoughts here.

1. Friend is entitled to whatever views and opinions he chooses
    to hold. If he wants to stay in the WTS as an active elder/JW and
    work for positive change, I salute him. I did it for as long as I
    could. He is a stronger man than I.

2. Without individuals like "Friend" who are willing to work
    on the blood and child abuse issues from inside the reform process
    takes much longer. More children suffer and more children die - of
    that I am certain.

Lee

P.S. We need more moderates in both the current and ex JW community.

• circare
    circare

As a poster who is not in any way brilliant or intellectually gifted, I personally appreciate Friends posts. I am pedantic by nature and I like to have the details correct. It is all too easy to misunderstand the meaning of what is being said because of perceived understandings of words as being common,when they often are not. I do not intend to pick pieces out of every post to show where Friend gave balanced and moderate replies and addressed the issues and questions asked, and where others have reacted with emotional generalities. Friend can more than adequately defend himself. However, I will say that I find his lack of rabid ranting refreshing. Friend at the very least sets his posts out in a manner that is simple enough for me to easily read and comprehend and sticks to the point.

People here at this db, whom I respect, have told me how clever Focus is. I would like to see this. So far the posts from Focus have been a verbal outpouring with little content. The issues being discussed in the other thread about paedophiles are not insignificant. However they have been totally clouded by turning the issue into one of personal dislike for a particular poster.

I realise that by making these comments I will now be labelled as a WTS apologist. I feel like one of those tin 'sitting ducks' at a carnival sideshow shooting gallery.

I guess I may as well be 'hung for a sheep as for a lamb', so while I'm here I would like to ask what exactly is the issue being made 'into a mountain' with regards to the events in India?

• ICHING
    ICHING

I guess your right - F iend devoting his life to the inane cause of reforming the policies of Evil Inc. - a Brooklyn based book publishing company/real estate conglomerates board of fascists - the reality of whose existance - which - in the BIG SCHEME OF THINGS - is completely totally throughly and utterly irrelevant - (ESPECIALLY in the eyes of GOD ) - is not a joke and we shouldn't make fun of nor laugh about it.

ICHING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit