STUPID ELDERS AND CIRCUIT OVERSEERS

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Good thread. I love reading elders stories. Tell us more!

Wish I'd been in the piano-elder's group while in service: Get to get out of the hot sun, go inside to air conditioning, get to sit down and get off your feet, and get your own private concert to boot. :-) Always loved watching people play the piano anyway. Amazes me how they can DO that...

SunshineToo: When I turned myself in, the elders didn't exactly shed tears, but they really were PAINED and BEGGED me to reconsider with earnestness and caring in their voices. So I remember them as basically good guys, too. Or, let's say I never had a bad run-in with anybody. Now, did they ever make shepherding calls all during my JW years? Not a one. Guess they figured I was well-grounded so why bother? The first four years I lived next door to an elder and his wife, so I guess they figured he was the one to make sure I was OK. Near the end when I was "drifting in my heart," no one even noticed until it was too late.

Being a single sis with no fleshly family in the org, you could say I had been a CO/DO 'groupie' in that I loved it when they came to town and livened up the meetings, and went out in service w/the group as much as possible, thinking I'd get some of their "wisdom" sprinkled on me in the process, sort of like Peter-Pan/Disney World "star dust." -- Even had a DO and his wife carry boxes up 3 flights of stairs when I was moving apartments. Can't remember how that came about, though. (I was ALWAYS moving while a JW -- you know, trying to find the cheapest place to live so I could work less so I could go out in service more... EXHAUSTING! all that moving around!)

Now, were some of the local elders ODD? Yes! Were some of them stupid acting? Yes! Were some of them ANNOYING in their boring talks or habits? (enough to really try one's patience, yes yes!!).

Grits

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

When I turned myself in, the elders didn't exactly shed tears, but they really were PAINED and BEGGED me to reconsider with earnestness and caring in their voices.

All the more reason these judgmental men need to leave their postions of judging anyone. Who the hell do elders think they are?

Dismembered

• ugg
    ugg

these examples of a stupid elder are all true.....not exagerated ,,,,,only the truth....

sister::::: conduct PERFECT for 23 days!!!!!

stupid elder::::::refused to pray with her because she did not go to bed at the right time

sister:::::: trying to be submissive and good.....

stupid elder:::::::refused to have a bible study with her because he didn't like the sound of her voice..

sister::::::couldn't do anything good enough or right,,,,,cried profusely and fell to her knee's to the

floor.....begging elder to like her,,,,just sobbing

stupid elder:::::::stood over her,,,,and threatened to have her committed,,,,stating she was mentally

ill.....

sister:::::promised she would be good,,,,,,she could not wake up for almost a year.....

i could keep going,,,,,but you get the picture.....I AM THE SISTER,,,,,MY HOLY SPIRIT APPOINTED HUSBAND IS THE ELDER......

• minimus
    minimus

GRITS...the real kicker is that most of the car groups just waited in their cars while he played music.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Minimum! LOLOLOL!!!! Now I get what you mean. Can't believe the "friends" (sound more like bozo's) willingly sat in the car while Liberace went inside to play! Too funny.

And, Dismembered, yeah. If I knew THEN what I know NOW, I would have done everything differently. For one, I never would have offered/confessed to anything. I would have taken the JW 5th, i.e., "You yourselves are saying it." AND, I might not have stayed away all the ensuing years, IF I had had their backup and support when everything came crashing down.

Dear ugg! Here's a [[[[[[[[HUG]]]]]]]]] What a nightmarish scenario you painted there. Sounds like a true mysogynist, your spirit-appointed-elder-hubbie. So sorry!

Grits

• ugg
    ugg

grits,,,,,no,,,do not feel sorry for me....he is only religion nuts.....if no religion then every thing is ok...feel sorry for those who are still under the influence of them and the children who may have

their lives destroyed by stupid elders and circuit overseers....i am slowly healing and getting

happy......i am making changes....pity those who are stuck.....THE CHILDREN

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Not so many stupid elders, but maybe elders who were so power hungry they were stupid!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

ugg, you don't have to answer. Are you still with your elder husband?

• COMF
    COMF

I could deal with stupid. It was the conniving manipulative ones that I wanted to kill.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Power hungry janitors...can't make it in the real world, so wippeee, they get to lord it over brainwashed cult members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit