STUPID ELDERS AND CIRCUIT OVERSEERS

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Here's a good one. We had a circuit overseer that used to stop his meeting for field service everytime someone came in late. He would insist that they sit in the front row, which he kept open for such late coming offenders. He would publicly chastise and question the person or family as to why they were late. Some sisters were so embarrassed by the C.O. that they would start crying. He was a big bully.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

May this thread have a thousand year reign minimus,

ok, i'll go dip my arm in the stupid elder file ... mm .. here's a good un. Full-time Missionaries Dingle and Zootsmeir take NewCO on treck through jungle to far flung villiages in western papua. Bros D&Z carry small bore rifles to ward off crocs or whatever NewCO being short sighted takes along a shotgun.

First day out they see a huge black snake curled up in a tree 20 feet above .. being less sensitive times one rifleman takes aim to shoot it down .. but NewCO, anxious to test his gun calls out "no let me do it!" and runs directly under the beast and gun aimed vertical fires both barrels skyward. Down falls 100 pounds of shredded big black snake knocking NewCO unconscious.

ministry report card:

[g] aim

[g] gestures

[w] environmental awareness

unclebruce

• nilfun
    nilfun

Uncle, LOL!

• minimus
    minimus

uncle bruce, tell us another one!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dingle and Zootsmeir, eh? Sounds like a great double act, kinda like Laurel and Hardy, watcha reckon, Unc?

Cheers, Ozzie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day ozzie,

It's a wonder you haven't heard of Lionel and Ruth Dingle famous Papua pioneers from South Australia. As for Bro Zootsmeier he was famous long before he became a JW missionary. He was a German fighter pilot shot down three times over asia during WW11 and each time he managed to get back to Germany .. one tough cooky. Lionel was a mechanic and spent much of his energy servicing the Bethel vehicles when i was up there. The last time we met was in Adelaide about 10 years ago and he chided me about not returing to Papua/New Guinea to Special Pioneer. He reconed he'd scared me off with canibal stories and i reminded him that I wasn't the one afraid of entering the House Tambaran to witness to the "big no.1 witchdoctor bilong olpella bilong Port Moresby" fair dinkum, these mature guys refused to enter the big skull festooned hut and let me, a sweet innocent 16 year old zealous pioneer go into the gloom alone lol (i just thought i had some cherebs with me or my new world translation warded off evil or something :)

cheers, unc.

another stupid Elder (are there any other kind?) ;

There are so many vicious dogs in the neighbourhood that fearless Bro Richard Best (a real hard case prick of an Elder) decides to take a parcel of saucage meat with him to throw to an aproaching dog, thus distracting the hound, leaving him free access down the path of uprightness to the ever beconning front door. So there we are working "house over house" one hot day and his trick seems to be working well. He gives me a self congratuatory smug smerky smile and on we go .. what could be simpler? snarling dog approaches ... left hand deftly removes a small portion of mince from suit pocket and hey presto, wild dog becomes compliant puppy.

Picture this: i come walking around a corner, thinking myself lucky to have just avoided the snarling, snapping teeth of an agro alsatian to see our hero, Bro "we must look dignified in service" Best, running away from a pack of dogs hell bent on tearing his suit coat appart! .. in only a few seconds he'd parted company with his coat and made good his escape. (quick thinker was our Richard)

That was circa 1971 but some flashbacks a man never forgets .. i mean Richard was one of those old fashioned interfering 'mightier than tho' Elders you just wanted to boot up the date .. and this was seen as a victory for the little folk lol. (ah Kingdom Hall politics .. some thinngs never change

• minimus
    minimus

This past week , the Watchtower Study Conductor expressed that since there are thousands demonstrating for peace, with their peace signs, this could be the "sign" of "peace and security, then sudden destruction". And many in the congregation nodded in absolute agreement! Meanwhile, another elder stated that a Bethel brother gave a talk and expressed that since we don't know the day or hour, it is quite concievable that the Great Tribulation could actually start today, even that afternoon...........

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I heard that another said that when Simon pulled the board down dor a day this was a sign the GT had started! [;)]

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

another elder stated that a Bethel brother gave a talk and expressed that since we don't know the day or hour, it is quite concievable that the Great Tribulation could actually start today, even that afternoon...........

Oooooooo

I'm going back to the kingdumb hall RIGHT NOW!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nahhh, you're too late!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit