STUPID ELDERS AND CIRCUIT OVERSEERS

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

I have several stories, such as the one who disfellowshipped his own father for alcoholism. Many questioned this conflict of interest for him to be on the JC and thought he should step down, but he didn't think it would be inappropriate. His father was well liked, but he was a real know-it-all jerk that nobody liked. One evening when the service meeting ended early, he gave an impromptu talk to fill in the remaining 15 minutes instead of dismissing early.

In another congregation the elders were so stupid they were completely blind and accepting of this one German brother. We attended a meal at his house when I was about 16. Dinner wasn't all that he was feeding us. He escaped the iron curtain in a tunnel, but his mother was crushed when the tunnel collapsed behind him. He also told us about being bitten by a cobra while he was laying irrigation pipe in Africa. He even showed us two little scars to prove it. He made a big show about not being able to finish his meat, as he was mostly vegetarian and it was just too much for him. On the way home I questioned his amazing stories and especially the scars and cobra story. It just didn't ring true to me. Well, the elders gave him MS status and he ended up marrying a sister with two little girls. He later disappeared with some money and it became known that he was a complete impostor. He wasn't even German.

Then there was the idiot in the special needs talk who blamed the invalid bedridden wife for not putting out and providing the marital due. As a consequence, her husband couldn't control himself around their two very young granddaughters.

And then there was the elder who witnessed to his co-workers to the point that they brought a religious harassment and discrimination suit against him and his son who owned the business.

One CO told this story about a flub he made when he was reading the scripture about everyone planting his own vine and fig tree. It came out vine and pig tree. Well some kid drew a picture during the talk and showed it to him after the talk. It was a tree with hams and sausages in it. This guy thought the story was so cute, he told it at practically every meeting, including the meetings for field service. <GAG!>

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit