I went to the Convention on Friday. NOW with pict

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

In the pic from the book, there are seven females and one male. Mmmmm.

Pat

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

silentlambs - thank you for the clarification

I literally jumped up when I thought I put the wrong address on the cards but I did put .org on them but what a relief to know that even if I put .com they would find you

BTW the afternoon was terribly boring but I hung in ther

Actually at one point they announced that a brother would speak who lives in a town not that far from my mother --- which kept me wondering if she was there OMG I tell you I scanned that arena so hard. I think I saw a woman on the far side who looked like her and sat like her but I could not figure out if it was her.

Then to keep myself awake I thought of all the things I might say if I did run into her

1. Hey there mom Why didn't you call the police when you found out _____ was having sex with me?
    2. Hey mom are you still shunning me because I am an apostate?
    3. Hi mom so what do you think of all the information on Dateline about sexual abuse in the org?
    4. Hey Mom Can you tell me why you still can't explain one JW beleif after 39 years sitting and listening to this litter-ature?
    5. Mom? Doesn't it bother you that you can drink like a fish and beat your kids and still be "in good standing" in the cong?

These and a lot of other thoughts kept me wide awake for quite a while

• Lieu
    Lieu

Oooooooooh!, the one lady is wearing a pretty blue PANTS suit from this era!!!..........ooooooooooooooooh!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK I went back to look at the picture - Did you notice the man is playing while the women are doing all the work - typical mysogynist thinking

Don't think I want to be there

• Flip
    Flip
    I noticed the man in the picture is playing with a rubber ball.

Lost his other one during Armageddon, perhaps?

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks silentlambs for setting me straight on the .org .com .net. Whew! <wiping sweat off brow> I didn't realize SL has all the domains covered, but glad to hear it. (I thought for sure I had tried .com months ago and got nowhere. Can't trust my memory anymore.) GLAD all the work by LL was not in vain.

And LL, those Q's for your Mom... Nerve-wracking, I'm sure. Nothing like racing thoughts in the brain to keep one awake, and sitting on the edge of the seat. Next time maybe a pair of binoculars might be helpful for scouting the crowd.

I first learned the words "mysogyny" and "misogynists" from a sister in my former cong. I thought the words were fascinating as I'd never heard them before. Coincidentally enough, her own hubbie (her 2nd hubbie) turned out to be a child molester, and was in the paper for it and his mugshot is on the state's child abuser's criminal website. Evidently, she had first-hand knowledge of the meaning of the word.

And you guys and your rubber balls comments... Tsk Tsk... <laughing but blushing at the same time>

Great thread!
    Grits

Edited by - grits on 24 July 2002 2:11:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit