Lady Lee

I was bored to death.

I deposited cards around the place that said

Stop
    Watchtower
    Child Abuse
    NOW
    www.silentlambs.com

Cards went in contribution boxes. They had three different handwritings on them or none at all. Cards were on the floors, in the washrooms, and on any flat surface where I could put them unnoticed. And a couple of cards went into two books they handed out and we then returned. That was pure brilliance from the friend I brought with me.

The price for this was to sit through a very boring afternoon. After 17 years the talks are the same.

The end is near. Stay awake. Satan is out to get you. Watch out for apostates. Stay spiritually clean. No sex. No internet (that was not around before). Pioneer. The end is near.

The talk on Micah was actually intriguing. They should look at themselves when they read the book of Micah. It is tailor-written for the likes of them. Basically Micah is warning them of God's judgement because they have fallen away from pure worship and have no justice, kindness or mercy. They make out they have it but all other religions don't. A mirror would have come in real handy. There were times I was so tempted to jump up and start yelling "Do you see what it says! Micah is condemning the lot of you! You do exactly what Jehovah is condemning here' Look at it!!!"

But I figured it might not look to good if the only apostate that I knew of was hauled off looking like a lunatic. I went for the more subtle approach. Little cards all over the place to let them know the apostates are there

Any JWs lurkers - Beware.

I was surprised by a couple of things. I realize I am not in the big city where I used to be. But under 2,000 people for a DC. I am used to that for a CA. DC that I have been to before are ten times this size. Decorations on the platform are really reduced in size. I'm not sure if that is that I am in a different place or the WT cutbacks. But the platform decorations (plants) were pathetic. So was the sign over the stage "ZEALOUS KINGDOM PROCLAIMERS" The programs I see are generic now. No exact dates on them. No speakers and no city either - evidence of more control from HQ and more cutbacks.

This organization is going down-hill. Another thing that surprised me was the request for contributions in cheques (supposedly so one can get a tax receipt) but a definite plug for money.

Here's a new one I never saw before. The sisters with the brooms sweeping up. I was used to the men doing that work.

Young women dressed rather immodestly on the hunt for husbands. Amazing how many times they made sure to walk past the young men sitting in front of us. And the slits in their skirts and the tight tops left not a lot to the imagination.

And Paperback books?!!!! When did they start that?

And yup I spotted the men following the script to make sure it was said right. No control there!!!

I had been thinking I would go again but I don't think I could handle it again. I am exhausted and feeling brain dead. Time to veg out and get my brain cells back in order.

Edited by - Lady Lee on 19 July 2002 22:21:16

Edited by - Lady Lee on 20 July 2002 23:19:59

• gumby
    gumby

LL Thanks so much for this post and letting us know what we are NOT missing.

You brought back some memories of things that make me wonder why I didn't see things sooner in the borg as yourself.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi LadyLee: Excellent work. I have not been to a JW District Convention in ten years ... and it apprears that things ahve changed some ... I can recall the days in California when Angelo Manera (District Overseer) gave bombastic-dynamic talks, and it all seemed so exciting ... and now the Witchtower just bores people to death ... wow! Well, the end is near, but not for this planet, but for the little Jehovah cult.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

You mean.....you didn't feel spiritually refreshed? Your zeal wasn't enhanced? I am shocked! LOL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

How the heck do you get refreshed when they are reading the silly thing off a piece of paper. How ridiculous is that. And knowing someone is reading along to make sure they don't make any mistakes - pathetic

Hi Red -- if you want to copy this and post it elsewhere - you know where - feel free

• Prisca
    Prisca

Cards went in contribution boxes. They had three different handwritings on them or none at all. Cards were on the floors in the washrooms and on any flat surface where I could put them unnoticed. And a couple of cards went into two books they handed out and we then returned.

I went for the more subtle approach. Little cards all over the place to let them know the apostates are there

Way cool! Good for you Lady Lee. Let's hope some people are helped by knowing there are people who care about the silentlambs in the Org.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LadyLee

I think you just gave me an excellent idea.

I live rather close to the Chicago-area District Conventions held at Comiskey Park and Hawthorne Race Track.

I will sacrifice one Saturday afternoon and deposit THOUSANDS of index cards strategically with that very information.

The TRUTH about the TROOF

WILL BE HEARD.

Beware Watchtower Society, your days are numbered.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

"Pioneer. The end is near."

That's almost as good as "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"!

Trabajo excelente, excelente! (good job!)

• LB
    LB

Those cards are awesome, I'm going to have to print some up myself.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Even though there was no picketing, no announcements that I was there with my friend who was very helpful they will know. When they open the boxes almost all of them will have one or more cards in them. We went all the way around the stadium. I folded the card in two and people just thought I was putting in money. You could easily put just about anything in an envelop and put it in the cont boxes. They said from the platform that if you put cash in and wanted a tax receipt - just put it in an envelop with your anme and address - so they won't think twice about it. Walking in any crowd gives an opportunity to drop them on the floor. Yes they will be picked up and thrown away but they will know we were there.

That is all I wanted - to let them know we were there and they never even noticed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit