I went to the Convention on Friday. NOW with pict

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Lady Lee, skip the counterfeit bill idea. That is a federal felony and Treasury Department has a dim view of it. Nothing is worth your going to jail.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

no badges or monoply money for me - just straight hard hitting STOP WATCHTOWER CHILD ABUSE NOW

plain and simple. I thought about adding some info but probably no one would read it anyhow so I just K.I.S.S ed them

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    I especially enjoyed the announcement, "Brothers and sisters, we must remember that not everyone here is a Jehovah's Witness. We must remove all valuables from our seats during intermissions."

How unbelievably insulting to the non-JWs that were guests there ! If I were there and had that stereotypical, obnoxious comment hurled at me, I would've stood up and announced:

"Brothers and sisters, we must remember that the majority here ARE Jehovah's Witnesses, please don't leave your valuable children alone during intermissions!"

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ Deddaisy, yeah, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking too!

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

I coudn`t stop laughing, your first line was " I was bored to death", ha ha ha ha. Seems I have not missed a thing after all these years.

You mean you weren`t exhilerated to be among "Jehovahs Happy People"?

Thanks for the post.

witchywoman

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As promised here are some pics

The new release

and just so you don't forget what a rich spiritual banquet you are missing - the first page of the first chapter

And yup I really did go

and this has to be the barest platform I have ever seen

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for the pics Lady Lee

BTW, is that lion dead, the one the girl is supposedly patting? Either that, or they've got the poor thing on tranquilisers.

I'm surprised to see how few are there, although if it's in a country area that is to be expected. I'm used to large city conventions with triple that number.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There were 1981 in attendance. I am used to DC that are 10 times that size. This felt more like a circuit assembly that a DC

as for that lion - it looks stuffed

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

WOW - less then 2000 for a District Conv?!?! That's absurd. I had never seen one less then 7-8,000 before. Is this common nowdays? Our Circut ASSemblys were bigger then that!

Those pictures bring back fond memories .... NOT. That I have to say however, is one of the crappiest looking platforms/decorating I've ever seen. They were getting cheaper and cheaper on the decorating as I left, but it was never this bad. I can't help but wonder what the JWs think about this. And the chessy looking paperback books - what a joke! They used to be SO proud of the appearance of the books, how they were so much better then the 'worlds' publications. Now I guess they don't care.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    as for that lion - it looks stuffed

There's certainly something wrong with that lion!

Look at the look on the lion's face i.e. asleep, yet just a few yards (metres) away is a scrumptious meal laid out for him on the picnic rug! Yet this is supposed to be a scene showing the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy:

"and the lion will eat straw just like the bull" - Isa. 65:25

"And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull" - Isa. 11:7

Something doesn't 'gel' here!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit