I went to the Convention on Friday. NOW with pict

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

That was sooo interesting, getting an undercover/insider's report from the DC. Thanks for the report LL! You're right about the stage. I didn't see a flower anywhere in sight. How odd! (and depressing for attendees).

About 12 years ago I worked in the Admin. Office for the DC, and we were the ones who counted the money boxes when they were gathered up several times a day. If I had come across one of your cards way back then, tucked in the dollar bills, I bet I would have started trembling all over, not knowing what to make of it! :) Fear! Fear!

I'm posting on Monday... so if anyone else went out and distributed cards... I hate to be a party pooper, but I hope you guys got the silent lambs address correct: it's .ORG rather than .COM = www.silentlambs.ORG

If any dubs get on their computers and put in silentlambs.com, they will get an error message, and they will then be too happy about it. And we can't have THAT happen! They will think Jehovah "protected them" from seeing the actual site! So, for those near a DC, it's back out NEXT weekend gang! :)

And thanks for the pics, too!

Grits

Edited by - grits on 22 July 2002 12:26:39

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

THAT'S IT!!! I'm going back! Your thread has served to remind me of how happy Jehovah's people are (NOT).

The picture of the picnic really made me want to go back. I want to spend eternity having picnics too! And Oh the lion! I wonder if animals will not only be friendly but if they will practice good hygiene so as not to stink like shit!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

PS: I noticed the man in the picture is playing with a rubber ball. But I wonder how we will have rubber balls in the new system? Will there be factories that produce them? Or will Jehovah mercifully send rubber ball storms down from heaven so that we wont be bored at our endless picnics?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

All men in the new system will have rubber balls. No more sex, remember?

Expatbrit

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

LL

I'm surprised you lived through the bordem. Careful it can be slow suicide

• Scully
    Scully

I was just checking the book out (the one someone sacrificed a day of their life spending it at the DC to get) and saw the photo credit for the cover pic is "US NAVY PHOTO". There's also a pic on p. 180 of starving children, credited to UNITED NATIONS/J. FRANK.

Once again, we see the WTS's unwillingness to abstain from "touching the unclean thing(s) of the world."

When will this madness END??????

Love, Scully

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

All men in the new system will have rubber balls. No more sex, remember? -----------Expatbrit

No sex? Are you serious? And they call that paradise earth?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There new Worship-Book is going to be outdated really soon. In the first paragraph it says about JW: "More are being gathered each year."

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Just thought I would mention, silentlambs owns .com .net and .org they all point to silentlambs website. The offical address is .org for non-profit organization, but if you happen to use the others they work also.

silentlambs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I noticed the man in the picture is playing with a rubber ball.

That seems to be a new addition to WT "art". They now show people actually enjoying themselves in paradise rather than just building barns, stroking lions, picking fruit etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit