Letter read iIn ALL UK Congregations this Sunday

by Jim Dee 56 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Oh my. This is completely unprecedented for the Society - I've never heard of something done by "worldlies" garnering so much attention from the BORG.

And you thought Dateline caused consternation!

The Dub Masses are finally beginning to see that they are not as insulated from real life as they would wish - they are still a part of the world, no matter how stridenly they say they're not, and this is going to make it very hard for a lot of people to listen to their dubious messages in future.

A 25 minute letter? That's amazing. If I was in the British Isles at this point, I would pop into a local Kingdom Hall and listen to it. I love the way they are saying that the media is controlled by Satan, and I sincerely hope that somebody from Panorama gets a copy of the letter, so Panorama can do a scathing review of the REAL feelings of the Tower about exposing child molestation. Go Panorama GO!

• JT
    JT

IS THIS Show like the Dateline show here in the USA

thanks

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

If this letter has gone directly to PO's and not even the other elders are gonna get a peek until tomorrow, doesn't it seem like they are going to great lengths to keep this letter from turning up in places like this forum? It wouldn't surprise me either if they have been told to destroy it after it is read out. They will know that their lame excuses and reasoning would be of great interest to those in the media that are investigating them already.

Anyone fancy placing a bet on when (if ever) this letter sees the light of day?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

JT:

Yes, Panorama is a rough equivalent of Dateline in format and purpose. The BBC describes it as their flagship current affairs program, and it is one of the heavyweights of the British media scene. Panorama programs generally get results, such as government official resignations etc.

Viewing figures for the program used to be around 4 million. Since the move to Sunday evenings this has dropped a bit. However, when you consider that the population of the UK is approx 60 million, this is a quite respectable figure.

In addition, Panaorama will have an advantage that Dateline lacks, imo. The BBC is a huge international organization which reaches just about everywhere through the BBC World Service. I think that the Panorama program will thus have a much greater international effect than Dateline.

This really is a dream come true. I've been dying to see the famously fierce British media get it's teeth into the Watchtower for ages. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

I would love to be a reporter in the UK, knowing a scoop like this..... just to get an audio of this letter being read, a few short hours before the airing of a program as huge as Panorama.... IMO it would be worth sitting through a public talk and abbreviated WT study to get this!

Someone please let Stephen Bates know about this!!

Love, Scully

• Englishman
    Englishman

...But will they instruct the flock not to watch the programme?

If they do that, it would eventually be construed as fear of being found out. And many would watch it anyway.

Englishman.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Thanks for the update ---

As far as them watching it, I inquired with my elder daddy if it was acceptable to watch the Dateline show, he said yes, and that it was news related and can be watched to overcome objections... I wonder if the BBC bit will be viewed the same way...

Regards,

Amanda

• Matty
    Matty

E'man - Exactly, I know that we are generally "discouraged" from watching negative shows about JWs, but this has not been officially said outright.

Will they dare to say it publicly this time?

Moe - The "watch to overcome objections" is a strong argument which makes me think that perhaps they won't give an outright ban

Looks like they just want to "get in first" to influence the flock's opinion.

Edited by - matty on 13 July 2002 13:2:11

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The way the media is guided by SATAN"The media is going to have a field day with this..LOL..WBTS gets to see what the real world thinks about their pediphile paradise.WBTS thinks their standards of morals are higher than anyone else`s.Using that theory,even by lower standards,WBTS lack of action against pediphiles is digusting...OUTLAW

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

the gov body's propaganda usually produces excellent results with their members........it has for over one hundred years so far.

my guess is that in next few months there is going to be alot of sincere jws who will be disfellowshipped.......... anyone who even hints about the problem being real is going to be cleaned out of the congregations for causing divisions,..........the atmosphere is going to become more and more corrupt and controlling, as good hearted sincere jws get disfellowshipped.......leaving the more cold hearted cruel elders to handle matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit