Letter read iIn ALL UK Congregations this Sunday

by Jim Dee 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

UK Re Panorama Program

A letter has been sent to all PO's private addresses to be read out to each Uk congregation this Sunday - the WT is to be 35 mins long and the lette will take 25 mons to read it.

The instructions on it are :-

1. Read it yourself

2. Inform the Congregation Secretary of its existance, but NOT its content - the letter IS NOT to be read to any Elder to group of Elders

3. Read to the Congregation after a shortened WT Study

The letter is re Parorama and details (not in any order as I only had a brief glimpse of it):-

1. The way the media is guided by Satan

2. That the Congregation can expect attacks from Satan and the media - it is a sign of the last days

3. The apostates are behind the program twisting the Truth

4. The Society operates within the law of the UK

5. The Society has a long history of protecting Children

------------------------

Notes on the full letter to follow tomorrow

Bethel are VERY worried

Jim.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Thanks Jim.

I hope a copy will be posted soon as well. Perhaps our friends at the Guardian and other media (satan controlled types) would like to see this letter and see what the Watchtower is saying to its own members about the reported covering up of child sex abuse.

I'll ask my mom tomorrow if she heard the letter read and if she is watching Panorama.

Thirdson

• SweatPea
    SweatPea
    Bethel are VERY worried

They should be!!!!!!!!!!!

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig!

Edited by - sweatpea on 13 July 2002 10:10:40

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

MUAHAHAHAH! The demise of the WTS begins!

• Mary
    Mary

It's always amazing how their drone like logic works: if they win a case in court, it's proof that Jehovah's blessing them, if they're exposed as hypocrites, liars, and pedophile protectors, then it's Satan attacking them.

• musicnonstop
    musicnonstop

This, of course, being the same 'Satanic' media that they're only too happy to milk free publicity from when it comes to their conventions and quickbuilds...

Forty-faced f***wits.

Edited to add:

"A long history of protecting children?" Oh, you mean like your blood policy that almost killed my mother and me in the womb? F*** you, you sick twisted f***ers!!!!

"They never told me what was the truth - just a young man losing his youth..."

- 'Bear Cage,' The Stranglers

Edited by - musicnonstop on 13 July 2002 10:21:46

• Matty
    Matty

Twenty five minutes is extraordinarily long time for a letter. I wonder if we will be instructed not to watch the programme! In which case we will not be able to answer questions from householders and work colleagues about the show. As I mentioned before, on Thursday morning the Presiding Overseer of our congregation knew nothing about Dateline, let alone Panorama.

The letter that was read about Dateline in the US was certainly not that long, and I understand it was read on the weekday meeting, not the Sunday meeting. This is really something else!

Edited by - matty on 13 July 2002 10:29:23

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

I would think that this "SPECIAL MEETING PART" would be significant enough that the folks at Guardian, BBC, and other involved media would want to know about this TODAY, so that they could think about attending one of the local KHs to see/hear for themselves what is said, and the JWs reaction to the "part".______HELL, I would even go to the local KH tomorrow to hear this!

• blondie
    blondie

With the Panorama show being on the heels of an elder finally being found out and sentenced on child abuse charges in the UK, probably is part of the pressure.

It could be a long letter. I think the one in the US took 15 minutes to cover. Of course, there is never a question and answer afterwards. LOL

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks Jim for posting this. Could you update us when it's been read? Thanks.

Cheers, Ozzie (True Freedom class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit